From Copycat Recipe Guide
Domino's Italian Sausage Marinara Bread Bowl Pasta
If you love pasta and are looking for a new take-out favorite, Domino's Pizza Domino’s Pizza has something special for you. The pizza delivery restaurant has added pasta to its menu. These Bread Bowl Pasta offerings include tasty penne pasta dishes served in Domino’s own Hand Tossed Pizza Bowls.
The Domino’s Italian Sausage Marinara Bread Bowl Pasta recipe contains sweet Italian sausage and a hearty marinara sauce served with penne pasta and presented in a fresh baked bread bowl.
Start to finish: 2 hours (Active time: 1 hour)
|Customer service phone||734-930-3030|
|Served as||Main entrée|
|Main ingredients||Penne pasta, alfredo sauce, spinach|
|Similar to||Pasta with Marinara and Italian Sausage|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Domino's Italian Sausage Marinara Bread Bowl Pasta Ingredients
Bread Bowl Ingredients
- Ingredients for Domino’s Bread Bowl
Italian Sausage Marinara Ingredients
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon. basil
- One 28-ounce can tomato puree
- One 12-ounce can tomato paste
- One 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, for topping
Domino's Italian Sausage Marinara Bread Bowl Pasta Recipe
Bread Bowl Recipe
- Make the bread bowl according to the instructions on the Domino’s Bread Bowl recipe.
Italian Sausage Marinara Recipe
- Saute the onion, garlic, and green pepper in olive oil.
- Add the sliced Italian sausage and sauté until it is completely cooked.
- Add the oregano, parsley, basil, salt, and white pepper, and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and sugar.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer
- Cover the sauce and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for approximately 1 1/2 hours.
How to Assemble a Italian Sausage Marinara Bread Bowl
- Return the bread bowls to the baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta with the Italian sausage marinara sauce. (Reserve a cup of sauce to add on top).
- Spoon about 1 ½ cups of the penne pasta into each bread bowl.
- Ladle a few spoonfuls of sauce on top of each bread bowl and sprinkle with Asiago cheese.
- Cook the bread bowls for approximately 10 minutes, or until the sauce is sufficiently warmed and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- The two most time consuming aspects of this recipe are the bread bowls and the marinara sauce - both of which can be prepared a day ahead. The pizza dough and the sauce will stay chilled in the refrigerator for up to one day. For last minute meal preparations, purchase pre-baked bread boules at the grocery store and use your favorite jarred sauce.
- To add a little spice to your meal, use hot Italian sausage instead the sweet variety. You can also add a pinch of cayenne to your marinara sauce to give it an extra kick. Once you have mastered this sauce, why not try making Bread Bowl Pasta with Genghis Grill Roasted Tomato Sauce?
Also See: How to Make Genghis Grill Roasted Tomato Sauce, How to Make Domino's Chicken Alfredo Bread Bowl Pasta, How to Make a Domino's Bread Bowl, How to Make Domino's Bread Bowl Pasta, How to Make Domino's Chicken Carbonara Bread Bowl Pasta