From Copycat Recipe Guide
Domino's Chocolate Lava Crunch Cakes
Domino's Chocolate Lava Crunch Cakes are a decadent bite of chocolate cake with a soft, melted chocolate center. The trick to eating these cakes is to serve them immediately once they are cooked. And that isn’t always possible when you order Domino's take-out. Using this Domino’s Chocolate Crunch Lava Cake recipe, however, will enable you to time your meal and get these cakes to the table so your guests can enjoy their warm, molten center.
Start to finish: 30 minutes (active time: 20 minutes)
|Flickr: Andrea Goh|
|Customer service phone||734-930-3030|
|Served as||Appetizer, Dessert|
|Main ingredients||Chocolate, confectioner’s sugar, egg yolks|
|Similar to||Molten Lava Cake|
Domino's Chocolate Lava Crunch Cake Ingredients
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 large eggs, plus 6 egg yolks
- 2 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup crumbled chocolate cookie pieces
- 4 teaspoons confectioners sugar
Domino's Chocolate Lava Crunch Cake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Grease eight 6-ounce ramekins with canola oil cooking spray and sprinkle a ½ teaspoon of granulated sugar in each. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine the butter, cinnamon, and chocolate. Stir frequently until the mixture is melted and smooth. Then keep it warm.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, egg yolks, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour to the bowl gradually and continue to beat.
- Once the egg mixture is blended, gently fold in the chocolate until it is combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared ramekins, filling them a little more than ¾ full.
- Bake the cakes for about 10 – 12 minutes, until the edges look dark and the tops look firm. Be careful not to overcook the cakes, otherwise the centers will not be molten.
- Using a sharp knife, loosen the sides of the cakes from the ramekins and invert the cakes onto serving dishes.
- Sprinkle each cake with 2 tablespoons of crumbled cookie pieces and 1/2 teaspoon of confectioner’s sugar; serve immediately.
Domino's Pizza Coupons
- Domino’s Chocolate Lava Cakes may be small, only 6 ounces, but they are deceptively filling. The rich, chocolatey cake is certainly a substantial dessert to end any meal. At Domino’s, cooks sift confectioner’s sugar on top of their cakes. You could do the same or add your own twist by topping the cakes with either whipped cream or ice cream and fresh berries. Strawberries and raspberries would be delicious with these cakes.
- This recipe calls for bittersweet and unsweetened chocolate. You could substitute semisweet chocolate if you prefer. Just be sure that the total quantity of chocolate remains the same.
Also See: How to Make Domino's Cinna Stix, How to Make Domino's Breadsticks, How to Make Pizza Hut Hershey's Chocolate Dunkers, How to Make Pizza Hut Baked Cinnamon Sticks with Icing, How to Make Pizza Hut Chocolate Dipping Sauce, How to Make a Starbucks Chocolate Creme Whoopie Pie