From Copycat Recipe Guide
Dominos Brooklyn Style Pizza
This Dominos Brooklyn Style Pizza recipe results in a large pie with a foldable crust, similar to what you might find on the streets of New York City. While Dominos restaurants do not inform the general public about their pizza-making process, this copycat Dominos Brooklyn Style Pizza recipe allows you to make a dish that very closely resembles what you might get from the Italian-American chain.
The Brooklyn Style Pizza is unique in that it only comes in two sizes on the Dominos menu: large and extra large. The dough is stretched out by hand instead of tossed to make it thinner than the regular Domino's crust, but not as thin as their Crunchy Thin Pizza.
Start to finish: 24 hours 45 minutes (Active time: 45 minutes)
Wikimedia Commons: dominos.uk.com
|Offered by||Dominos Pizza|
|Customer service phone||734-930-3030|
|Served as||Main course|
|Main ingredients||Pizza dough, pizza sauce, cheese, toppings|
|Similar to||New York-style pizza|
Dominos Brooklyn Style Pizza Ingredients
For one pizza:
- Ball of dough from Dominos Hand Tossed Pizza recipe
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/4 cups pizza sauce similar to Dominos Robust Inspired Tomato Sauce (recipe follows)
Dominos Robust Inspired Tomato Sauce Ingredients
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian spice blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Recipe by CopycatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Dominos Brooklyn Style Pizza Recipe
- Mix together all sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over low heat for 1/2-hour.
- Heat oven to 550 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle dough ball with flour.
- Slowly stretch out the dough to form a circle 14 inches in diameter.
- Pour on the pizza sauce, and spread to coat in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the grated mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
- Place on pizza pan, and set on bottom rack of the oven.
- Bake for around six minutes, or until crust is a golden-brown color.
- Slice into eight pieces and serve.
How to Make New York-Style Pizza
- For a gourmet touch, sprinkle some fresh basil leaves on top of the pizza.
- For a Margherita-style pizza, use chopped, fresh tomatoes instead of pizza sauce. Then, top with slices of fresh mozzarella instead of the regular grated variety, and add fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil to finish.
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Spinach and Artichoke Dip, How to Make a Pizzeria Uno Chicago Style Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Pan Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Thin 'N Crispy Pizza, How to Make Dominos Deep Dish Pizza, How to Make Dominos Hand Tossed Pizza