From Copycat Recipe Guide
Dominos Crunchy Thin Pizza
This Dominos Crunchy Thin Pizza pizza recipe yields a pie with a light, crispy crust. While Dominos does not provide the exact recipe for their thin-crust pizzas, this cheesy main dish comes very close. While home cooks are not likely to have some of the ingredients Dominos lists for their thin crust, like dextrose and monocalcium phosphate, this recipe uses all-natural ingredients.
Typically, pizza chains like Dominos utilize a dough sheeter to turn out a thin, delicate crust. In the home kitchen, a rolling pin can produce the same results. Pre-cooking the crust before adding sauce and toppings helps to ensure a crisp texture.
Start to finish: 50 minutes (Active time: 35 minutes)
Wikimedia Common: Peter Tracey
|Customer service phone||734-930-3030|
|Main ingredients||Flour, tomato sauce, cheese|
|Similar to||Crispy-crust or thin-crust pizza|
Dominos Crunchy Thin Pizza Ingredients
- 1 3/4 cup high-gluten wheat flour
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon soybean oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 3/4 teaspoon active yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup whole milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
Dominos Crunchy Thin Pizza Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Mix together the water, yeast, sugar, salt and oil until the powder ingredients are completely dissolved.
- Add the flour and mix by hand or on low speed with a dough mixer until a ball forms.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, and place on a floured surface.
- Knead until the dough is elastic and still a bit moist.
- Place the dough between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough into a circle 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake the crust for four minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over the pizza.
- Top with cheese and any other topping choices.
- Bake for five minutes. Then rotate, and bake or an additional five or six minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let stand for five minutes.
- Slice into eight pieces and serve.
Grilled Thin Crust Pizza
- For a white pizza, use a cream-based sauce such as Alfredo.
- Provolone cheese can be used instead of mozzarella.
- To replicate Dominos thin crust Pacific Veggie pizza, add Parmesan and Asiago cheeses to the crust and top with spinach, roasted red peppers, mushroom slices, onions, black olives, tomatoes, feta cheese and provolone cheese.
Also See: How to Make Dominos Hand Tossed Pizza, How to Make Dominos Deep Dish Pizza, How to Make Applebee's Spinach Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Thin 'N Crispy Pizza, How to Make Dominos Brooklyn Style Pizza, How to Make Dominos Fiery Hawaiian Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza