From Copycat Recipe Guide
Dominos Deep Dish Pizza
Fans of the Dominos deep dish pizza recipe can make it themselves to enjoy the Chicago-style treat at home. While it may be faster to order delivery from the pizza restaurant, it can be much more satisfying to create this rich, cheesy dish yourself.
Dominos uses a different type of dough in its deep dish pizzas than in its hand-tossed pizzas, and there is a greater volume of crust in the deep-dish variety. In addition, the deeper shape allows for more sauce, cheese and toppings. Of course, that also translates into more calories, so this recipe may not be the best choice for those on a diet.
Start to finish: 3 1/2 hours (Active time: 50 minutes)
Flickr: Adam Kuban
|Offered by||Dominos Pizza|
|Customer service phone||734-930-3030|
|Served as||Main course|
|Main ingredients||Flour, yeast, pizza sauce, Italian cheeses|
|Similar to||Chicago-style deep dish pizza|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Dominos Deep Dish Pizza Ingredients
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour, unbleached
- 1 1/4 cups water, lukewarm
- 2 3/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian spice blend
- Extra olive oil for greasing the bowl and pan
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 4 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Recipe by CopycatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Dominos Deep Dish Pizza Recipe
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar into 1/4 cup lukewarm water.
- Add 1/4 cup flour, and blend well. Cover and allow to sit for 20 minutes in a warm area.
- Combine yeast mixture with remaining water, remaining flour, olive oil, butter, parmesan cheese, and spices.
- Sprinkle a work surface with flour, and turn dough out onto surface.
- Knead for about 10 minutes until shiny and pliable.
- Coat a large bowl with a thin layer of olive oil. Place dough in bowl, cover, and let rise at room temperature for an hour or two until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Punch down dough, and knead for a couple more minutes.
- Lightly grease a deep-dish pizza pan.
- Press the dough into the pan, allowing about an inch and a half to go up the sides.
- Add the pizza sauce, and top with topping ingredients, followed by the cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, rotating once.
Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza
- To make a vegan pizza, omit the butter and parmesan cheese from the crust. Then use soy or almond cheese as a topping instead of dairy cheese, or omit the cheese altogether.
- For added flavor, add garlic powder or other spices to the pizza dough.
- For an extra-cheesy pizza, place a layer of cheese at the bottom of the crust before adding sauce and toppings.
Also See: How to Make Pizza Hut Blue Cheese Dip, How to Make Carrabba's Pizza Dough, How to Make Godfather's Chicago-Style Deep-Dish Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza, How to Make Dominos Hand Tossed Pizza, How to Make Dominos Brooklyn Style Pizza