From Copycat Recipe Guide
Dominos Hand Tossed Pizza
This Dominos Hand Tossed Pizza recipe allows those who love the pizza chain's signature taste to recreate it at home. While Dominos does not advertise their exact recipe or technique, this recipe comes close to what you would get from your local Dominos pizza delivery. This is a template for a basic cheese pizza which can be topped with a variety of ingredients.
Dominos changed the recipe for their pizzas at the end of 2009, and the new style is reflected here. Most consumers seem to prefer the "new and improved" Dominos, and the national chain has seen profits grow since making the switch.
Start to finish: 25 hours 15 minutes (Active time: 60 minutes)
Serves: 32 (Makes four pizzas)
Wikimedia Commons: Bidgee
|Offered by||Dominos Pizza|
|Customer service phone||734-930-3030|
|Served as||Main course|
|Main ingredients||Flour, tomato sauce, cheese|
|Similar to||Regular-crust pizza|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Dominos Hand Tossed Pizza Ingredients
Makes four pizzas:
Dominos Hand Tossed Pizza Dough Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 1/2 cups high-gluten flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 3/4 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon yeast, NOT rapid-rise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cornmeal
Dominos Hand Tossed Pizza Sauce Ingredients
- 4 cups pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Dominos Hand Tossed Pizza Topping Ingredients
- 8 cups part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Recipe by CopycatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Dominos Hand Tossed Pizza Recipe
- Start the dough by adding 3 teaspoons sugar to the yeast in 1 3/4 cups warm water.
- In a large bowl, mix both flours with 2 teaspoons salt.
- Wait for yeast mixture to form a foam, then add it to the flour mixture.
- Knead with hands or a dough hook until smooth.
- Place dough in a plastic bag and refrigerate. For best results, wait at least a full day to use.
- Make the sauce by bringing all ingredients to a boil, then simmering, covered, for 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Allow the sauce to cool, and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Once the dough is ready, preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle cornmeal onto work surface.
- Divide the dough into four balls and stretch into four pizzas, each about 12 inches in diameter.
- Sprinkle the crust with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Spoon the sauce over each pizza, leaving about one inch of the crust edge bare.
- Top each pizza with 2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until crust is crisp and golden brown.
- Let cool slightly, then slice into 8 pieces, and serve.
How to Hand Toss Pizza Dough
Dominos uses a number of toppings on their pizzas, which may be combined for various flavors. Among their list of toppings are black olives, mushrooms, bell pepper, baby spinach, garlic, ham, feta cheese, pepperoni, sausage, and jalapeno peppers. The restaurant also uses Alfredo sauce on some of their hand tossed pizzas, which can serve as a substitue for the tomato sauce.
Also See: How to Make Applebee's Spinach Pizza, How to Make Red Lobster Lobster Pizza, How to Make a Pizzeria Uno Chicago Style Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza Dough, How to Make Dominos Deep Dish Pizza, How to Make Dominos Brooklyn Style Pizza