From Copycat Recipe Guide
Dominos Italian Sausage and Pepper Trio Pizza
This Dominos Italian Sausage and Pepper Trio Pizza recipe yields a small-to-medium sized pizza that can feed two persons. Different than many other offerings at Dominos restaurants, this has a rectangular shape and only comes in one size.
According to Dominos, Americans consume roughly 100 acres of pizza on a daily basis. Each person in the country eats about 23 pounds of pizza per year, which is the equivalent of 46 individual slices. Super Bowl Sunday is the busiest day of the year for Dominos, and they anticipate delivering over 11 million slices on that day, an 80% increase over normal Sundays.
Start to finish: 25 1/2 hours (Active time: 45 minutes)
Wikimedia Commons: Eduardo P
|Offered by||Dominos Pizza|
|Customer service phone||734-930-3030|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Crust, tomato-based pizza sauce, parmesan and asiago cheeses, Italian sausage, roasted red peppers, green bell peppers, banana peppers|
|Similar to||Sausage and pepper pizza|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Dominos Italian Sausage and Pepper Trio Pizza Ingredients
Dominos Italian Sausage and Pepper Trio Pizza Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup canned or bottled pizza sauce base
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
Dominos Italian Sausage and Pepper Trio Pizza Toppings Ingredients
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 link Italian sausage, sliced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 12 banana pepper rings
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Dash oregano
Recipe by CopycatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Dominos Italian Sausage and Pepper Trio Pizza Recipe
- Heat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Make the sauce by pouring all ingredients into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Spread the sauce over the pizza dough rectangle, staying away from the edges.
- Sprinkle on the sausage, bell pepper, roasted red pepper, and banana peppers.
- Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Shake oregano over the pizza.
- Bake on a baking sheet until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is a golden brown color, about 18 minutes.
- Slice into squares and serve while still hot.
Sausage and Pepper Calzone Recipe
- Substitute Romano cheese for the parmesan and/or asiago if desired.
- Red or yellow bell peppers can replace the green ones for a slightly sweeter taste, though there will be less color variety.
- To save time, use a pizza sauce straight out of the bottle instead of adding additional flavors and simmering.
Also See: How to Make Dominos Wisconsin 6 Cheese Pizza, How to Make Dominos Brooklyn Style Pizza, How to Make Pizza Hut Pizza Dough, How to Make Dominos Pacific Veggie Pizza, How to Make Dominos Spinach and Feta Pizza, How to Make Dominos Crunchy Thin Pizza, How to Make Dominos Hand Tossed Pizza