From Copycat Recipe Guide
Dominos Memphis BBQ Chicken Pizza
The Dominos Memphis BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe combines the essence of a southern barbecue pit with Italian flavors. This is one of Dominos pizzeria's specialty dishes, and is on their American Legends menu. To make this pizza as part of a fully Dominos-inspired meal, serve it with soft breadsticks or cheese sticks, salad, and soda.
Dominos Memphis BBQ Chicken Pizza made its debut in January of 2009 as an addition to the restaurant's more traditional selection of standard sauces, cheeses and toppings. A signature of this pizza and others in the artisan line is the addition of cheese to the crust.
Start to finish: 25 hours 10 minutes (Active time: 1 hour 10 minutes)
Wikimedia Commons: Stephen Sweeney
|Offered by||Dominos Pizza|
|Customer service phone||734-930-3030|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Pizza dough, chicken breast, BBQ sauce, onion, cheese|
|Similar to||Southern barbecue style pizza|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Dominos Memphis BBQ Chicken Pizza Ingredients
- Ingredients for basic Dominos pizza crust, scaled down for one pizza
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus an additional 1/4 cup for crust
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Recipe by CopycatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Dominos Memphis BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
- Prepare the pizza dough. Add 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese to the flour and salt mixture before combining the ingredients.
- Heat the oven to 500 degrees about an hour before the pizza will be ready for baking.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and saute until cooked through. Let cool.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, chop into cubes.
- Stretch the pizza dough into a 12" inch round.
- Spoon the barbecue sauce over the dough and spread to cover the base of the pizza, leaving about an inch of space at the edges.
- Top the sauce with the chicken and onion, and then the cheddar and provolone cheeses.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
- Let the pizza cool for a few minutes.
- Slice into 8 pieces and serve.
Barbecue Chicken Pizza Recipe
- If you're in a hurry, consider using store-bought chicken tenders that have already been cooked instead of grilling the chicken over the stove.
- A pre-made, refrigerated or frozen pizza crust will also work, and is far less labor-intensive than making a crust from scratch. To stay true to the Domino's recipe, sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top and then par-bake for a few minutes to melt it before adding the toppings.
Also See: How to Make Joe's Crab Shack BBQ Crab Legs, How to Make A Genghis Mongo BBQ Bowl, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Barbecue Sauce, How to Make Zaxby's Chicken Fingers, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Killer Ribs, How to Make Dominos Hand Tossed Pizza, How to Make Dominos Deep Dish Pizza, How to Make Dominos Crunchy Thin Pizza