From Copycat Recipe Guide
Edy's Girl Scouts Tagalongs Cookie Ice Cream
Each year, people go crazy over Girl Scout cookies. Edy's ice cream company picked up on this trend and came up with a line of Girl Scout cookie-inspired ice cream flavors. With the following Edy's Girl Scouts Tagalongs Cookie Ice Cream recipe, you can bring the taste of your favorite Girl Scout cookie into your own kitchen--perfect for a hot summer day or for simply when you want to indulge in a cool snack.
Start to finish: 45 minutes, plus freezing time.
Serves: 8 (1/2 cup servings.)
|Creative Commons image by enersauce|
|Customer service phone||888-590-3397|
|Main ingredients||Tagalong cookies, egg yolks, sugar|
|Cooking method||Mixing, using an ice cream maker|
|Similar to||Peanut butter chocolate ice cream|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Edy's Girl Scouts Tagalongs Cookie Ice Cream Ingredients
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups of half-and-half
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package of Tagalong cookies, coarsely chopped
Edy's Girl Scouts Tagalongs Cookie Ice Cream Recipe
- Mix the sugar, brown sugar, and egg yolks until fluffy.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream, half-and-half, salt, and vanilla until close to simmering.
- Pour some of the warm milk mixture into the egg mixture. This will temper the milk.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and stir until thick.
- The mixture is done when it coats the back of a spoon and is around 170 to 175 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and chill for about two hours in the refrigerator.
- Pour the ice cream base into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's directions in order to freeze properly.
- Slowly add the chopped Tagalong cookies, once the ice cream is nearly done.
- Store the ice cream in a container with a lid and freeze for at least two hours.
Edy's Girl Scouts Tagalongs Cookie Ice Cream Video
- If you're feeling adventurous, try making the Tagalong cookies from scratch instead of using them out of a box.
- For a lighter version of this ice cream, use one can of lite coconut milk and 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk instead of the heavy cream and half-and-half.