From Copycat Recipe Guide
Genghis Grill Dragon Sauce
Genghis Grill restaurants are fast-casual establishments that offer customized meal selections. Genghis Grill coupons are available to help diners lower the cost of enjoying a meal at the restaurant. Learning how to make Genghis Grill recipes at home, though, is an even more affordable option for many home cooks.
Patrons at the restaurant can choose meal ingredients from a bar of protein sources such as chicken, beef, pork, and tofu, as well as vegetables, spices, and sauces. At home, cooks can prepare these meals to suit their specific dietary needs and flavors. Recreating bowls like the Genghis Grill Firecracker Bowl at home is fairly simple, even though cooks may need a bit of assistance making the sauce ingredients for recipes such as Genghis Grill Dragon Sauce.
The Genghis Grill Dragon sauce provides a spicy topping that offers a kick to beef, seafood, tofu, or even vegetable dishes. The Genghis Grill Dragon sauce recipe is not difficult to prepare, but cooks will need to pay attention to the balance of ingredients in order to strike the perfect flavor.
Start to finish: 10 minutes (Active time: 10 minutes)
Serves: 12 (Makes 1 1/2 cups)
|Flickr: The Listener|
|Customer service phone||1-888-GENGHIS|
|Main ingredients||Garlic, vinegar, ginger, pepper|
|Similar to||Asian Chili sauce|
Genghis Grill Dragon Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 tbsp. chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 c. rice vinegar
- 1/8 c. white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. crushed red chili pepper
- 2 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
Genghis Grill Dragon Sauce Recipe
- Pour 1/2 cup rice vinegar, 1/8 cup white vinegar and 2 tablespoons of chili sauce into a large mixing bowl. Select the amount of chili sauce based on how hot you want the final sauce to be.
- Stir the vinegars and chili sauce to blend them well.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons minced garlic, 1 tablespoon crushed red chili peppers, 2 tablespoons onion powder, and 1 tablespoon garlic powder to the bowl.
- Whisk all the ingredients for 5 minutes, or until the sugar dissolves into the vinegar.
- Allow the sauce to marinate by allowing it to sit for at least 30 minutes before using it in your recipe.
Genghis Grill Coupons
- You can either increase or decrease the spiciness of your Genghis Grill Dragon Sauce, depending on your preference. To increase the heat, add a bit more chili sauce and crushed chili pepper.
- Refrigerate any leftover sauce immediately. Reserved sauce will keep for up to two weeks in the refrigerator, but the flavor tends to strengthen over time.
- While you can make a larger or smaller quantity of sauce by increasing the ingredient amounts, it's important to retain the proportions of the ingredients to one another. This will keep your sauce from turning out too spicy or too sweet.
- The Dragon Sauce is best used on beef, chicken or pork. While the sauce can be used on seafood, the flavor may be too intense and drown the flavor of the protein.
- Genghis Grill uses the Dragon Sauce as a topping on signature entrees such as the Firecracker Bowl. However, after you prepare your sauce, you can use it as a meat marinade, a pasta sauce, or to stir-fry another vegetable dish.
- For a stronger flavor, vary the amount of sauce used or increase the spice quantities.
Also See: How to Make a Genghis Grill Firecracker Bowl, How to Make Genghis Grill 3G Sauce, How to Make Genghis Grill Honey Soy Sauce, How to Make Genghis Grill Island Teriyaki Sauce, How to Make Genghis Grill Khan Pao Sauce, How to Make Genghis Grill Red Curry Peanut Sauce, How to Make Genghis Grill Roasted Tomato Sauce