From Copycat Recipe Guide
Girl Scout Tagalongs
Once a year, all Girl Scout cookie addicts become excited in anticipation of tasting and savoring their favorite cookies. However, with the Girl Scout Tagalongs recipe, these delicious peanut butter and chocolate delights can be enjoyed all year long. Girl Scout Tagalongs, previous just called Peanut Butter Patties, consist of a crunch cookie and creamy peanut butter mousse covered in delectable chocolate. Indulge in these cookies by following this tasty dessert recipe.
|Creative Commons image by punctuated|
|Customer service phone||800-GSUSA-4-U |
|Served as||Dessert or snack|
|Main ingredients||Chocolate and peanut butter|
|Similar to||Keebler Fudge Shoppe Peanut Butter Filled|
Girl Scout Tagalongs Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Girl Scout Tagalongs Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift the flour and salt together. Stir it gradually into the butter mixture.
- Add the vanilla and cream and mix together until incorporated well.
- Take tablespoons of dough and flatten them into round cookies about 1/4-inch thick. Place the rounds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, until the cookies' edges are lightly browned.
- Right after taking cookies out of the oven, use a small spoon to make a depression in the center of each cookie round.
- Cool on the baking sheet for several minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, microwave-safe bowl, mix together the peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla.
- Heat the mixture in short, 30-second intervals and stir it frequently until it's extremely soft.
- Transfer the filling to a plastic bag with the tip cut off and pipe the filling into each cookie's "dip" that you created with a spoon earlier.
- Chill the cookies for 30 minutes.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-save bowl and microwave at 30-second intervals, mixing well.
- Coat your chilled cookies in the chocolate and lift the cookies out with a fork.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let set.
Girl Scout Tagalongs Video
- If you'd prefer, you can roll out the dough and use a cookie cutter instead of flattening tablespoons of dough on the baking sheet.
- Taste the peanut butter filling before applying to the cookies. If you feel that it's too sweet, add a pinch of salt. If it's not sweet enough, add some more confectioners' sugar.
- Make the chocolate on your cookies set faster by popping them in the freezer.
Also See: How to Make Girl Scout Trefoils, How to Make Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies, How to Make Girl Scout Samoa Cookies, How to Make Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls, How to Make Cracker Barrel Coca Cola Cake, How to Make KFC Pecan Pie