From Copycat Recipe Guide
Godfather's Chicago-Style Deep-Dish Pizza
Godfather's Pizza has been around for over three decades and has become a beloved pizza chain renowned for their tasty pies. You can now make the most popular pizza that the chain makes with this Godfather's Chicago-Style Deep-Dish Pizza recipe. The recipe uses a deep dish crust that's thick and rich, providing a good base for all those tasty and delicious toppings. Top that crust with a sauce crafted with vine-ripened tomatoes and a healthy helping of cheese, and you're ready to dig in to savory flavor that you most likely won't be able to get enough of.
Creative Commons image by Dawn Ashley
|Customer service phone||800-456-8347|
|Served as||Main dish or snack|
|Main ingredients||Flour, tomatoes, and cheese|
|Similar to||Pizzeria Uno Chicago Style Pizza|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Godfather's Chicago-Style Deep-Dish Pizza Ingredients
Godfather's Chicago-Style Deep-Dish Pizza Crust Ingredients
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Godfather's Chicago-Style Deep-Dish Pizza Sauce and Topping Ingredients
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Godfather's Chicago-Style Deep-Dish Pizza Recipe
- Add the warm water, yeast, and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add two cups of flour, salt, olive oil, and vegetable oil.
- Using the paddle attachment for your mixer, mix on medium speed for two to three minutes.
- Using the dough hook on your mixer, add the remaining flour and knead on medium speed until the dough clings to the dough hook.
- Knead on medium speed for five more minutes.
- Put the dough in a container that has been lightly oiled or greased and cover.
- Allow the dough to rise for about an hour.
- Great your deep-dish pizza pan with a non-stick spray, then add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and cover the pan with the oil.
- Stretch the dough in your hands to create a large circle and lay it in the pan.
- Cover the dough and allow it to rest for fifteen minutes. At this point, go ahead and preheat your oven to 425F.
- Stretch the dough to reach the edges of the pan and gently push the dough to cover the sides of the pan.
- Cover the dough with the mozzarella cheese.
- Next, add the tomatoes.
- Top your masterpiece with the basil, oregano, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
Godfather's Chicago-Style Deep-Dish Pizza Video
- Use a large spatula to remove the pizza out of the pan after taking it out of the oven. If you leave the pizza in the pan, it'll get soggy!
- If you want more sauce, go ahead and double the tomato and herb quantities.
- Get creative with your toppings and try to "copy" some of Godfather's Pizza's own famous pies. For their renowned Humble Pie, add a healthy dose of pepperoni, green peppers, Italian sausage, and onions. To make a Godfather's Classic Combo, use pepperoni, sausage, beef, onions, black olives, and mushrooms as your toppings. Give your pizza night a spicy kick by copycatting Godfather's Hot Stuff Pizza and adding pepperoni, beef, Italian sausage, jalapenos, and onions to your pie.
- Make your pizza as authentic as possible by getting some bulk Italian sausage and spreading it out in a layer on top of the pizza like a large patty instead of using slices of sausage. This is what the authentic places in Chicago do!
Also See: How to Make Applebee's Spinach Pizza, How to Make Red Lobster Lobster Pizza, How to Make Carrabba's Pizza Dough, How to Make Vegan Applebees Spinach Pizza, How to Make KFC Buttermilk Biscuits, How to Make a Pizzeria Uno Chicago Style Pizza, How to Make a Bloomin' Onion