From Copycat Recipe Guide
Harold's Chicken Shack Fried Chicken
Even though Harold's Chicken Shack's recipe for fried chicken is not public knowledge, lovers of this dish can replicate it at home to produce a very similar meal to what you get at the restaurant. This isn't your average fast food chicken; Harold's is on Food and Wine's list of Best Fried Chicken In The United States. Harold's is a chain restaurant that serves Chicago-style fried chicken.
|Customer service phone||Varies by location|
|Served as||Main dish, appetizer|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, flour, eggs, spices|
|Similar to||Chicago-style fried chicken|
Harold's Chicken Shack Fried Chicken Ingredients
- Enough canola oil to deep fry
- 1 whole chicken, cut into eight pieces of white and dark meat
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Harold's Chicken Shack Fried Chicken Recipe
- Pour about 2 inches of canola oil into a tall skillet or pot, filling it up no more than halfway.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees, using a candy thermometer to check the temperature.
- In a shallow bowl, season the flour with the paprika, cayenne, basil, parsley, and hot pepper. Mix in the baking powder.4 eg
- In another shallow bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture, and then the flour mixture. Shake off any excess powder.
- Fry for 10-12 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Set cooked chicken on a towel to drain. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
How to Deep Fry Chicken
- For an authentic Harold's Chicken Shack experience, serve your fried chicken with a side of thick-cut French fries along with a slice of white bread.
- Harold's serves their fried chicken with a side of hot sauce, and those who love heat can try drizzling some Tabasco or other fiery sauce onto their food.
Also See: How to Make Texas Roadhouse Chicken Critters, How to Make KFC Original Recipe Fried Chicken, How to Make Carrabba's Chicken Bryan, How to Make Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Marsala