From Copycat Recipe Guide
Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
Rather than purchasing the pre-made mix in packets at the grocery store, use this Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix recipe to enjoy the dressing and seasoning mixture on demand at home. This copycat recipe for Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix combines a number of herbs and spices with crushed saltine crackers.
Keep in mind while you're following the recipe that proportions may also be altered to suit individual tastes. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix can be used in multiple ways, most commonly as a salad dressing, a dip, or a dry seasoning.
Creative Commons image by Bekathwia
|Customer service phone||510-271-7612|
|Served as||Appetizer or seasoning|
|Main ingredients||Crackers and spices|
|Similar to||Ranch dressing dip mix|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix Ingredients
- 15 saltine crackers
- 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 1/4 cup onion salt
- 1/4 cup garlic salt
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper</ref>
- 2 cups dried parsley flakes, minced
- 1/2 cup dried minced onion
- 1 cup dried buttermilk powder
Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix Recipe
- Place the saltine crackers in a blender. Process on high speed until blended to a fine powder.
- Add the parsley, buttermilk, minced onions, and dill weed to the blender. Process again until the mixture has the consistency of dust.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the onion salt, garlic salt, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper. Mix well.
- Place the dressing mix in an air-tight container. Store until ready to use, up to one year.
Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix Video
- The above recipe makes 252 half-teaspoon servings.
- To create one pint of salad dressing, mix one tablespoon of the powdered mix with one cup of mayonnaise and one cup of buttermilk. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a year, and used when desired.
- You can substitute the reconstituted ranch dressing for bottled salad dressing, such as Wishbone Ranch Dressing, in a wide variety of recipes.
- Combine two tablespoons of the mix with mayonnaise, sour cream, or yogurt for a quick and easy ranch dip.
- Use the dressing mix as a seasoning for hamburgers, chicken, potatoes, popcorn, vegetables or rice.
- Substitute gluten-free Rice Chex Cereal for the crackers to make gluten-free dressing mix.
- Use non-fat sour cream or yogurt instead of mayonnaise and skim milk instead of buttermilk to make a low-fat salad dressing.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder to make copycat Hidden Valley Ranch Fiesta Mix.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the mix if you'd like your Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix to have a bite.
- To make a low-salt version of this mix, omit the onion salt and garlic salt. Instead, use a total of a half-cup each of onion powder and garlic powder.
Also See: How to Make a Bloomin' Onion, How to Make a Chili's Awesome Blossom, How to Make a Lonestar Steakhouse Texas Rose, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites