From Copycat Recipe Guide
IHOP Cheesecake Pancakes
The IHOP restaurant chain introduced its New York Cheesecake Pancakes in October of 2007. The recipe was originally featured as part of the “Pancake Surrender” promotion, which also include Carrot Cake Pancakes and Pumpkin Pancakes.  IHOP’s New York Cheesecake Pancakes recipe is traditionally served with a topping of whipped cream, strawberries, and powdered sugar.
If you’d like to make the IHOP Cheesecake Pancake recipe as a breakfast for your family, it may be best to reserve it for a special occasion treat. A four-pancake serving can contain as much as 1,250 calories.
|Customer service phone||(866)444-5144|
|Main ingredients||Flour, strawberries, frozen cheesecake|
|Cooking method||Pan fried|
|Similar to||Cheesecake Factory French Toast Napoleon|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
IHOP Cheesecake Pancakes Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups of strawberries
- 2 tbsp. seedless strawberry jam
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Whipped cream and powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
Cheesecake Pancakes Recipe
- Remove the outer edge of each strawberry, then slice lengthwise. Place strawberries in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut an 8 ounce block of cream cheese into four long pieces. Lay the pieces on a cookie sheet and cover with foil. Place the cream cheese in a freezer for 8 hours.
- Combine 1 1/4 cups of flour, 1 1/4 cups of buttermilk, 1 medium egg, 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon baking soda in a blender. Pulse the mixture until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Remove the cream cheese pieces from the freezer and dice them into small, 1-inch cubes.
- Pour the pancake batter into a large mixing bowl and stir in 1/ cup of graham cracker crumbs and the cream cheese cubes.
- Mix the sliced strawberries, 2 tablespoons of strawberry jam, and the water in a small bowl. For best results, opt for a high-quality strawberry jam.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place it over medium heat.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into the skillet for each pancake. When the cakes become bubbly on top, flip them over and cook the other side for about two minutes.
- Pour the strawberry sauce mix over the finished pancakes.
- Garnish pancakes with whipped cream and powdered sugar for a festive, restaurant-style touch.
If you’d like to make a healthier version of this dish, combine four ounces of cream cheese with two large eggs, a little flaxseed, and sugar-free sweetener to taste. Fry them in a skillet just like regular pancakes and then garnish as desired.
Also See: How to Make IHOP Buttermilk Pancakes, How to Make IHOP Harvest Grain and Nut Pancakes, How to Make IHOP Swedish Pancakes, How to Make McDonald's Hotcakes, How to Make Copycat Bisquick, How to Make Cracker Barrel Coca Cola Cake, How to Make Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls