From Copycat Recipe Guide
IHOP Sirloin Steak Tips
Alongside the pancakes from which IHOP gets its title, the restaurant has a dinner menu that includes the IHOP Sirloin Steak Tips recipe. The recipe from IHOP works for those in the mood of something to spice up the normal meat and potatoes meal and is quite simple to make if you have the necessary ingredients on hand. It makes for a quick turnaround from preparation to eating time as far as steak dinners are concerned.
Start to finish: 45 minutes (Active time: 15 minutes)
Flickr: Paolo Ramos
|Customer service phone||866-441-5144|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Steak, mushrooms, onions|
|Similar to||Texas Roadhouse Country Fried Steak|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
IHOP Sirloin Steak Tips Ingredients
- 1 8 ounce steak
- 2 cups canned mushrooms
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 glasses of red wine
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
Recipe by CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
IHOP Sirloin Steak Tips Recipe
- With a knife, cut steak into smaller cubes.
- Pour the olive oil into a large skillet and place over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic cloves and saute for a few minutes until golden.
- Add the cubed beef to the skillet.
- Add mushrooms along with all other ingredients listed above that have not been used so far.
- Continue cooking until wine reduces by half.
- Saute the beef cubes until the meat is done to your desired preference. You may need to add more wine.
Old IHOP Commercial
- At IHOP restaurants, the Sirloin Steak Tips are served alongside buttered corn, mashed potatoes, and a piece of Texas Toast. To recreate the entire meal at home, try serving this entree with Homemade Green Giant Corn Niblets, Texas Roadhouse Mashed Potatoes, and buttered toast.
- Mushrooms can be sauteed in advance and then added to the pan right before serving.
Tips for Seasoning Steak
- Salt and freshly ground pepper can be used to complement the taste of the whole dish. You can add the seasoning in with the other ingredients in step three or you can season the meat beforehand and let it marinate for about 30 minutes in advance. You might even want to make your own Montreal Steak Seasoning or Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning.
Also See: How to Make Bahama Breeze Bahamian Grilled Steak Kabobs, How to Make Saltgrass Steak House Baked Potato Soup, How to Make Steak 'n Shake Fry 'n Steakburger Seasoning, How to Make Panera Steak and Blue Cheese Chopped Salad, How To Make Texas Roadhouse Country Fried Chicken