From Copycat Recipe Guide
Irish Coffee Pub Cream of Potato Soup
This Irish Coffee Pub cream of potato soup recipe will make you feel like you're sitting in the restaurant dining room instead of your own. On their menu, Irish Coffee Pub states that this is "the soup that made us famous!" Now, lovers of the starchy, creamy comfort food can replicate the soup at home.
The Irish Coffee Pub is a full-service, fine-dining lunch and dinner restaurant located in East Islip, New York. The venue also has a catering hall, and can host special events like weddings. The menu features gourmet classics like escargo and clams casino, as well as traditional Irish fare like fish & chips, shepherd's pie and salmon O'Brien.
Start to finish: 2 hours (Active time: 50 minutes)
|Customer service phone||631-277-0007|
|Served as||Appetizer, side dish|
|Main ingredients||Potatoes, onions, butter, broth|
|Cooking method||Simmering, blending|
|Similar to||Potato soup|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Irish Coffee Pub Cream of Potato Soup Ingredients
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Irish Coffee Pub Cream of Potato Soup Topping Ingredients
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Bacon pieces
- Fresh chives, chopped
Recipe courtesy of Irish Coffee Pub
Irish Coffee Pub Cream of Potato Soup Recipe
- Peel potatoes, and slice into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the onion and leeks to the pan, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the potato and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add the broth, salt and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for half an hour.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender in batches, and puree until smooth, scraping down the sides.
- Return soup to the saucepan and cook over medium until hot.
- Pour into soup bowls, add desired toppings, and serve.
Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
- For a vegetarian cream of potato soup, use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock and omit the bacon.
- For an extra-creamy potato soup, try adding some heavy cream or half-and-half to the mixture before pureeing. Cream cheese would also be a good addition to the soup, but you might have to increase the broth to keep the original texture.
- Make the soup heartier by including cubed cooked potato to the pan after pureeing.
- Top the soup with sour cream to turn the recipe into a loaded baked potato soup.
- If the soup comes out too thin, you can whisk a small amount of cornstarch in broth or water, then add it to the soup and reheat.
Also See: How to Make T.G.I. Friday's French Onion Soup, How to Make Chili's Sweet Corn Soup, How to Make Red Lobster Wild Mushroom Soup, How to Make Sweet Tomatoes Pumpkin Soup, How to Make Olive Garden Minestrone Soup