From Copycat Recipe Guide
Joe's Crab Shack BBQ Crab Legs
Joe's Crab Shack is best loved and known for their wide variety of crab legs. By following this Joe's Crab Shack BBQ Crab Legs recipe, you can bring one of the most popular of the restaurant's flavors into your own home kitchen. Joe's Crab Shack offers snow crab, dungeness crab, and king crab in six different "flavors": Joe's Famous BBQ, Simply Steamed, Chesapeake Style, Spicy Boil, Garlic Herb, and Fire-Grilled. Joe's Crab Shack BBQ Crab Legs are first steamed, are then covered with a delicious spice mixture, and are served in the restaurant with melted butter. While the name of Joe's Crab Shack BBQ Crab Legs may sound as though the crab legs are drenched in barbecue sauce, that's not the case. Instead, the crab legs are basted in a mixture of spices after being steamed.
Start to finish: 30 minutes
|Creative Commons image by Javier Vidal|
|Offered by||Joe's Crab Shack/Landry's Restaurants, Inc.|
|Customer service phone||205-981-2999|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Crab legs, Old Bay Seasoning, vegetable oil|
|Similar to||Steamed crab legs|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Joe's Crab Shack BBQ Crab Legs Ingredients
- 2 pounds snow crab legs
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 stick of butter
Joe's Crab Shack BBQ Crab Legs Recipe
- In a large stock pot, bring a large amount of water to a boil.
- Place the crab legs into the water and boil until opaque and flaky.
- Remove the crab legs from the water and cut a slit into each of the leg shells.
- In a small bowl, stir together the pepper, garlic salt, paprika, Old Bay seasoning, and salt.
- Add the vegetable oil and stir well.
- Brush the mixture onto the crab legs prior to serving.
- Melt the 1/2 stick of butter and serve alongside the crab legs.
Joe's Crab Shack BBQ Crab Legs Video
- While this recipe calls for snow crab legs, any type of crab legs will do.
- Round out your meal by serving Joe's Crab Shack Great Balls of Fire as and appetizer and Joe's Crab Shack Strawberry Comfort as a refreshing drink.
Also See: How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Garlic Herb Crab Legs, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Stuffed Mushrooms, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Crab Nachos, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Fire-Grilled Crab Legs, How to Make Red Lobster Rice Pilaf