From Copycat Recipe Guide
Joe's Crab Shack Crab Cakes
The Joe’s Crab Shack restaurant chain features a variety of crab and other seafood dishes on its menu. Joe’s Crab Shack Crab Cakes are lump meat crab cakes, prepared with a blend of seasonings and fried in a pan. At the restaurant, the crab cakes are served with a side of french fries and coleslaw.  You can make your own version of the Joe’s Crab Shack Crab Cakes recipe at home by using fresh or canned lump crab meat.
Start to finish: 30 minutes
|Flickr Error ( Invalid API Key (Key has expired) ): PhotoID 4539089467|
Flickr: Javier Vidal
|Offered by||Joe’s Crab Shack|
|Customer service phone||713-366-7628|
|Served as||Main dish, appetizer|
|Main ingredients||Lump crab meat, bread crumbs|
|Cooking method||Pan fried|
|Similar to||Red Lobster Maryland Crab Cakes|
Joe's Crab Shack Crab Cakes Ingredients
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 1/4 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 lb crab meat
- Flour to coat
- 4 cups oil for frying
Joe's Crab Shack Crab Cakes Recipe
- Mix together the mayonnaise, egg yolk, Dijon mustard, Old Bay seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, pepper, salt and parsley.
- Add the breadcrumbs to the mixture and stir.
- Gently fold in the crab meat.
- Form ½ cup measurements of the crab cake mixture into patties.
- Coat the patties with flour.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the crab cakes in a single layer, approximately 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until they are crispy and golden on the outside.
- Drain the crab cakes on a paper towel.
Recipe by CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Crab Cake Recipe
- At Joe's Crab Shack, the crab cakes are served with a spicy sriracha remoulade dipping sauce. You can prepare your own spicy remoulade sauce by combining 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons minced shallots, 3/4 teaspoon chopped capers, 1 teaspoon fresh minced tarragon, 1 teaspoon fresh minced parsley, and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper.
Also See: How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Fire-Grilled Crab Legs, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack BBQ Crab Legs, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Crab Nachos, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Crazy-Good Crab Dip, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Garlic Herb Crab Legs