From Copycat Recipe Guide
Joe's Crab Shack Fire-Grilled Crab Legs
Joe's Crab Shack is known for--what else?--their crabs. And now, with this Joe's Crab Shack Fire-Grilled Crab Legs recipe, you can bring the flavors of the restaurant into your own home kitchen. Joe's Crab Shack offers snow crab, dungeness crab, and king crab in six different "flavors": Joe's Famous BBQ, Simply Steamed, Chesapeake Style, Spicy Boil, Garlic Herb, and Fire-Grilled. Joe's Crab Shack Fire-Grilled Crab Legs are cooked on the grill and are served in the restaurant with melted butter. Round out your meal with side dishes such as rice pilaf or green beans.
Start to finish: 15 minutes, not including thaw time for the crab legs.
|Creative Commons image by Javier Vidal|
|Offered by||Joe's Crab Shack/Landry's Restaurants, Inc.|
|Customer service phone||205-981-2999 |
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Crab legs, olive oil|
|Similar to||Grilled crab legs|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Joe's Crab Shack Fire-Grilled Crab Legs Ingredients
Joe's Crab Shack Fire-Grilled Crab Legs Recipe
- Thaw the frozen king crab legs.
- Heat the grill.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil and lemon juice.
- Using a pastry brush, coat both sides of the crab legs with the oil and lemon mixture.
- Place the crab legs on your grill, about six inches away from the coals.
- Heat for about five minutes, then turn over and heat for about five more minutes.
Recipe from CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Joe's Crab Shack Fire-Grilled Crab Legs Video
- While this recipe specifies using king crab legs, which are native to the North Pacific, you could use any type of crab leg to create Joe's Crab Shack Fire-Grilled Crab Legs. Depending on where you live, you may try a different variety of crab legs that is native to your area. For example, dungeness crabs are found along the Pacific coast, snow crab also hails from the North Pacific and is worthy of this recipe. And blue crab is found along the Atlantic and Gulf coasts.
- In order to keep your crab leg experience as authentic as possible, serve with melted butter, like the dish is served in the restaurant.
- If you'd like to, create several dipping sauces to accompany your Joe's Crab Shack Fire-Grilled Crab Legs. Create an herb butter sauce by combining melted butter, a dash of lemon juice, some garlic salt, dill weed, and white pepper. Make a red sauce by mixing chili sauce together with some horseradish and rice vinegar. Finally, make a verde sauce by combining mashed avocado, sour cream, cumin, lime juice, and a dash of hot pepper sauce.
Also See: How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Garlic Herb Crab Legs, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Stuffed Mushrooms, How to Make a Joe's Crab Shack Strawberry Comfort, How to Make Red Lobster Creamy Crab Nachos, How to Make Red Lobster Rice Pilaf