From Copycat Recipe Guide
Joe's Crab Shack Rice Pilaf
Joe's Crab Shack restaurant is primarily associated with seafood entrees, but their side dishes are designed to perfectly pare with their main entrees. The Joe's Crab Shack rice pilaf recipe is a type of "dirty rice" that combines some vegetables and seasonings for a highly flavorful dish. The dish is easy to prepare and helps add a punch to normally bland rice. The dish is economical to make at home and can easily be double to use for a large group. While the dish is best when freshly prepared, leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week and reheated. Simply sprinkle the rice pilaf with water and heat in the microwave on medium.
|Flickr User szeke|
|Offered by||Joe's Crab Shack|
|Customer service phone||205-981-2999|
|Cooking method||Saute and boil|
|Similar to||Texas Roadhouse Rice|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Joe's Crab Shack Rice Pilaf Ingredients
- 3 cups Jasmine rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup pork roast
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 black pepper
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup celery
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
Joe's Crab Shack Rice Pilaf Recipe
- Dice roasted pork into small pieces.
- Chop onion, red bell pepper and celery into evenly-sized pieces.
- Place 1/8 cup of butter in the bottom of a dutch over and melt.
- Add rice to the pot and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add water and bay leaves to the rice.
- Bring to a boil, then cut the temperature to medium-low and and cover.
- Place 1/8 cup of butter into a skillet. Saute bell pepper, onion, garlic and celery until crisp-tender.
- Add and vegetables to the rice. Return cover.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed the water and is tender.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Fluff and serve rice.
Joe's Crab Shack Coupons
This rice pilaf recipe can be easily adjusted base on flavor preferences. Consider spicing up the dish by doubling the black pepper and adding 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper. For a healthier dish, use a butter substitute.
Also See: How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Stuffed Mushrooms, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Steampot, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Coconut Shrimp, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Great Balls of Fire, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Garlic Herb Crab Legs