From Copycat Recipe Guide
Joe's Crab Shack Crab Nachos
Joe's Crab Shack's crab nachos are offered on the appetizer menu, but they are big enough to easily qualify as a main dish entree if desired. The Joe's Crab Shack crab nachos recipe combines corn, black bean relish, crab dip, cheese and pico de gallo and pile it high on top of tortilla strips. While enjoying the crab nachos at the restaurant is the easiest option it is not always the most economical or feasible option. Learning to recreate Joe's Crab Shack dishes at home helps bring home the flavor without the cost.
|Flickr User szeke|
|Offered by||Joe's Crab Shack|
|Customer service phone||205-981-2999|
|Served as||Main Dish|
|Main ingredients||Chips, Crab|
Joe's Crab Shack Crab Nachos Ingredients
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup canned corn
- 1/4 cup. chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped red onion
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups Joe's Crab Dip
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
Joe's Crab Shack Crab Nachos Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine black beans, corn, red bell pepper, red onion, Tabasco sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper in a medium-sized mixing bowl, and set aside for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld..
- Place tortilla chips on a baking sheet.
- Top chips with crab dip.
- Liberally sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the crab mixture.
- Place baking sheet into oven for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is entirely melted, and the crab dip is warmed.
- While the nachos are in the oven, combine the avocado, sour cream, and lime juice, in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth
- Distribute the lettuce on top of the nachos.
- Top with avocado lime dressing, black bean salsa, and pico di gallo.
Joe's Crab Shack Coupons
While the Joe's Crab Shack Crab Nachos call for a dash of Tabasco hot sauce, you can easily modify the heat of the dish by increasing or decreasing the amount of sauce used. For a spicier dish, consider adding cayenne pepper to the sour cream mayonnaise and crab meat mixture.
Also See: How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Stuffed Mushrooms, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Rice Pilaf, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Coconut Shrimp, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Steampot, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Garlic Herb Crab Legs