From Copycat Recipe Guide
Joe's Crab Shack Garlic Herb Crab Legs
Joe's Crab Shack prides itself on its crab dishes--after all, the word "crab" is in the restaurant's name! Now, with this Joe's Crab Shack Garlic Herb Crab Legs recipe, you can recreate one of the chain's most popular crab leg flavors at home. The recipe is quite straight-forward, so even the most basic cook shouldn't have a hard time following the instructions and seeing a delicious result. Round out your meal with side dishes such as rice pilaf or green beans.
Start to finish: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 (1/2 pound servings)
|Creative Commons image by Javier Vidal|
|Offered by||Joe's Crab Shack/Landry's Restaurants, Inc.|
|Customer service phone||205-981-2999 |
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Crab legs, butter, garlic|
|Cooking method||Boiling, sauteing|
|Similar to||King crab legs|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Joe's Crab Shack Garlic Herb Crab Legs Ingredients
- 2 pounds king crab legs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large heads of garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
Joe's Crab Shack Garlic Herb Crab Legs Recipe
- Fill a large stockpot halfway with water.
- Add vegetable oil and bring to a boil.
- Separate the garlic heads and set one clove aside to use in the butter sauce.
- Crush the rest of the garlic cloves, unpeeled, and add it with the parsley to the boiling water.
- Boil the water for about fifteen minutes.
- While the water and herb mixture is boiling, cut the king crab legs in half so they'll better fit into the stockpot.
- Prepare the butter sauce while the mixture is boiling: Put a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the butter and melt it.
- Press the remaining clove of garlic and add it, the lemon juice, the red pepper flakes, and the Old Bay seasoning to the melted butter.
- Once the boiling water is ready, slit the crab legs partway down one side to allow the flavors to seep in.
- Boil the crab legs for about five to six minutes or until they're opaque and flaky.
- Remove the crab legs and drain.
- Serve with the butter sauce.
Joe's Crab Shack Garlic Herb Crab Legs Video
- If you purchased frozen king crab legs, be sure to thaw them out before beginning to prepare this recipe.
- You can also poke holes in the crab legs in order to let the flavors seep in instead of slitting the legs down one side.
- If you'd prefer, you can use both lime and lemon juice in the butter sauce instead of just lemon.
Also See: How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Stuffed Mushrooms, How to Make a Joe's Crab Shack Strawberry Comfort, How to Make Red Lobster Creamy Crab Nachos, How to Make Red Lobster Rice Pilaf, How to Make Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits