From Copycat Recipe Guide
Joe's Crab Shack Great Balls of Fire
Joe's Crab Shack's Great Balls of Fire are jalapeno infused crab and shrimp balls that are deep fried and served as an appetizer. The balls are crunchy on the outside and creamy, yet spicy, on the inside. While not for the spice sensitive, the Joe's Crab Shack Great Balls of Fire recipe is a good finger food and an appropriate appetizer to balance with all forms of seafood fare. The recipe is quick and easy to prepare. It is best cooked in a deep fryer, but any pot will work adequately. The appetizer should be prepared fresh and served immediately. Leftovers can be stored in a refrigerator, but they do not reheat well.
|Flickr User szeke|
|Offered by||Joe's Crab Shack|
|Customer service phone||205-981-2999|
|Main ingredients||Shrimp, crab, jalapenos|
Joe's Crab Shack Great Balls of Fire Ingredients
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/8 tsp. Spanish paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 tsp. Lawry's seasoned salt
- 4 tsp. minced onions
- 4 tsp. minced green pepper
- 3 jalapenos
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 cup cracker meal
- 1 cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 6 ounces crab
- 4 ounces salad shrimp
Joe's Crab Shack Great Balls of Fire Recipe
- Blend cream cheese, sour cream, butter and mayonnaise in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add cayenne pepper, black pepper, seasoned salt and Spanish paprika.
- Seed jalapenos and mince.
- Place shredded pepper jack, minced onions, minced green pepper into bowl and stir.
- Drain crab and salad shrimp, then add to the bowl.
- Place milk into another mixing bowl, then crack eggs into to milk.
- Create 1/4-inch balls from the mixture, by shaping them in your hands, or with large spoons.
- Place balls into a refrigerator for about 1/2 hour and allow them to firm up.
- Beat eggs and milk until yolks cannot be seen.
- Pour bread crumbs into another bowl.
- Remove balls from the refrigerator, then dip each into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumbs.
- Drop balls 2 or 3 at a time into a deep fryer at X degrees.
- Remove balls when they take on a golden hue.
- Place balls on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Serve immediately.
Joe's Crab Shack Coupons
This Joe's Crab Shack Great Balls of Fire recipe produces a fire-hot appetizer. When serving the dish, be sure to serve cool liquids at the same time. Consider serving with crackers to help ease the heat index.
Also See: How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Stuffed Mushrooms, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Rice Pilaf, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Coconut Shrimp, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Steampot, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Garlic Herb Crab Legs