From Copycat Recipe Guide
Joe's Crab Shack Steampot
Joe's Crab Shack Steampots are offered in a variety of combinations including the Sam Adams, The Ragin' Cajun, The New Orleans, The KJ , The Bean Town Bake, the Joe's Classic, the Old Bay and the Diablo. Each steampot combines a veriety of crab, shrimp, scallops, mussels, sausage and vegetables. The Joe's Classic Steampot recipe combines sweet snow crab, smoked sausage, Dungeness crab, boiled shrimp, seasonings, corn and potatoes in a flavor-filled steam broth. The basic cooking process of making a steampot is fairly easy, but it does require access to fresh seafood and a large pot.
|Flickr User szeke|
|Offered by||Joe's Crab Shack|
|Customer service phone||205-981-2999|
|Served as||Main Dish|
|Main ingredients||Crab, corn|
|Cooking method||Saute and boil|
|Similar to||Steamed crab|
Joe's Crab Shack Steampot Ingredients
- 1/2 lb Dungeness crab
- 1/2 lb sweet snow crab
- 1/2 lb boiled shrimp
- 1/4 lb smoked sausage
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 corn ear
- 2 red potatoes
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 beef bullion cubes
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
Joe's Crab Shack Steampot Recipe
- Clean garlic and chop each into 4 sections.
- Place about 1 gallon of water into a large stockpot .
- Add garlic, oil, bullion cubes and black pepper to the water.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Husk corn. Place into a separate pot and boil for about 5 minutes, then remove and set aside.
- Place red potatoes in the corn pot and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until you can puncture the potatoes with a fork.
- Rinse all crab and shrimp in water, but do not shell.
- Add crab and shrimp to the water after the stock pot mixture has been simmering for about 1/2 hour.
- Turn on the heat to medium-high.
- Chop smoked sausage, then add to the pot.
- Cook for 6 to 7 minutes, or until the flesh turns opaque and pearl-like in color.
Joe's Crab Shack Coupons
Steampots are a great entertainment dish to prepare for spring and summer evening events. The dish can be prepared inside, or outside over a campfire or portable burner.
Also See: How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Stuffed Mushrooms, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Rice Pilaf, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Coconut Shrimp, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Great Balls of Fire, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Garlic Herb Crab Legs