From Copycat Recipe Guide
Joe's Crab Shack Stuffed Mushrooms
Joe's Crab Shack features delicious seafood and innovative culinary creations. If you're a fan of the restaurant, you will probably enjoy this copycat Joe's Crab Shack Stuffed Mushrooms recipe. There are two parts to making the dish: preparing the filling, and then assembling and baking the mushrooms themselves. The stuffed mushrooms may be served as an appetizer before lunch or dinner, or passed around as hors d'oeuvres at cocktail parties or other gatherings. You're sure to impress your guests when you serve these delectable stuffed mushrooms.
|Flickr User szeke|
|Offered by||Joe's Crab Shack|
|Customer service phone||205-981-2999|
|Main ingredients||Mushrooms, seafood, croutons|
|Cooking method||Saute and broil|
|Similar to||Seafood stuffed mushrooms|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Joe's Crab Shack Stuffed Mushrooms Ingredients
- 20 large button mushroom caps
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 bunch celery, trimmed and chopped
- 2 white onions, diced finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound pollock filets
- 1/2 pound small shrimp, chopped
- 2 cup herb croutons
- 1 tablespoon Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound lump crab meat
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch white pepper
Joe's Crab Shack Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- Heat the butter in a large skillet.
- Add onion and celery and saute until they are translucent.
- Add garlic and pollock, and continue to saute for another six or seven minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook for a couple minutes more, making sure not to overcook the shrimp (once they turn pink, move on to the next step).
- Remove from heat and drain away any excess liquid.
- Stir in the chicken bouillon granules, cayenne pepper and white pepper.
- Stir in the croutons, bread crumbs and lump crab meat. Be careful to just fold in the crab meat in order not to break it up too much. Cook for one or two minutes, then remove from heat.
- Turn on the oven broiler.
- Line the mushroom caps on a greased baking dish, gill side up.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the warm seafood mixture.
- Pour Alfredo sauce on top.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil for about eight minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
Crab Stuffed Portobella Mushroom Recipe
- This recipe for Joe's Crab Shack Stuffed Mushrooms is generally served as an appetizer. However, you can easily turn the dish into an entree by using large portobello mushrooms. Serve with a salad and a slice or two of freshly made rosemary bread for a complete meal.
- Feel free to get creative with the seafood elements of the meal. Not a fan of shrimp? Try adding some lobster instead. Want to use a fish other than pollock? Try another fish from the cod family.
- If you're not crazy about mushrooms, try rolling the seafood stuffing into balls, then rolling into flour and deep-frying for a take on Joe's Crab Shack's crab balls.
- For a creamier texture, add 1/3 cup of cream cheese and 1/4 cup of low fat milk to the stuffing mixture in place of the Alfredo sauce.
- If you find lump crab meat too expensive, replace it with canned snow crab or imitation crab meat.
- Portobello mushroom caps can be used instead of button mushroom caps in this recipe. Since portobello mushrooms are so much bigger, preparing this dish with them will only make four to six mushrooms, so they are probably better suited to serving as a side dish or a [::Category: Main Dish Recipes|main dish]].
- To cut down on the cream, omit the Alfredo sauce and use melted butter, an egg, and 3/4 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese in the stuffing mixture. You could also use mayonnaise as the binding ingredient.
Also See: How to Make Red Lobster Rice Pilaf, How to Make Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits, How to Make a Bloomin' Onion, How to Make a Chili's Awesome Blossom, How to Make Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix, How to Make Red Lobster Wild Mushroom Soup, How to Make Olive Garden Portobello Mushrooms with Mozzarella