From Copycat Recipe Guide
KFC Bean Salad
The KFC bean salad is a traditional "3 bean" type of salad that combines green beans, kidney beans, and wax beans. While the dish is good freshly prepared, the flavor is enhanced by marination in the refrigerator. The KFC bean salad reaches peak flavor about 3 to 4 days after preparation. You can store the bean salad for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
Start to finish: 6.25 hours (Active time: 15 minutes)
|Customer service phone||1-800-544-5774 ext. 8360 & ext. 326|
|Served as||Side dish|
|Main ingredients||Wax beans, green beans and kidney beans|
|Cooking method||Simple mixing- no cooking required.|
|Similar to||3 bean salad|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
KFC Bean Salad Ingredients
- 2 cups canned kidney beans
- 2 cups canned green beans
- 2 cups canned wax beans
- 1 cup sliced white onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
KFC Bean Salad Recipe
- Set up a colander in the sink.
- Drain the kidney beans into the colander, and rinse well.
- Pour the cans of green and wax beans to the colander and stir to make sure all liquid drains out.
- Transfer the drained beans in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Chop green peppers and white onion, then add to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Pour dressing over beans and vegetables, then toss gently until all beans are well coated with oil, vinegar and spices.
- Place the bean salad in your refrigerator and allow to marinate at least 6 hours.
Betty's Lean, Mean Three Bean Salad Recipe
The KFC bean salad is a versatile dish that you can serve to your family, guests or take to a pot luck meal. It is a classic dish, but you can easily modify the recipe to suit your individual preferences. Consider changing the types of beans you use. Garbanzo beans (chick peas), black beans and black-eyed peas are tasty alternatives. Consider spicing up your salad with a dash of cayenne pepper or hot sauce. You can modify this recipe to include a southwestern flair by adding sweet yellow corn and a bit of spice. This salad blends well with fried chicken, potato salad or a baked ham.
Also See: How to Make the Original KFC Biscuits, How to Make KFC Coleslaw, How to Make KFC Green Beans, How to Make KFC Pecan Pie, How to Make Wendy's Chili, How to Make Copycat Bisquick, How to Make Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole, How to Make a Bloomin' Onion, How to Make Applebee's Santa Fe Chicken Salad