From Copycat Recipe Guide
The KFC coleslaw recipe is a mayonnaise-based coleslaw. The side dish is the perfect compliment to fried chicken, sandwiches or other picnic specialties. This type of coleslaw, sometimes called American-style coleslaw, is quick and easy to prepare. The KFC coleslaw recipe features a base of cabbage, carrot, and onion, all tossed in a sauce made from mayonnaise, milk, buttermilk, vinegar and spices. Though Kentucky Fried Chicken does not provide their unique recipes to the public, this recipe produces coleslaw that tastes very similar to one served at KFC restaurants. The recipe can be made up to a day ahead of time, and stores for up to a week in the refrigerator. This recipe serves 10 people.
|Wikimedia Commons image by BrokenSphere|
|Customer service phone||1-800-544-5774 ext. 8360 & ext. 326|
|Served as||Side dish|
|Cooking method||No cooking required|
|Similar to||American coleslaw|
KFC Cole Slaw Ingredients
- 8 cups green cabbage
- 1/4 cup carrot
- 2 tablespoons onion
- 3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
KFC Cole Slaw Recipe
- Finely chop the cabbage, carrot and onion into approximately 1 inch, thin strips. Chop each ingredient by hand or use a food processor until a desired consistency is reached.
- Place the chopped vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, sugar, salt and black pepper in a blender. Process to mix on medium until smooth. This should take about 1 minute.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables in the large mixing bowl.
- Toss the slaw with a set of tongs until all vegetable pieces are evenly coated.
- Place plastic film over the top of the mixing bowl to seal.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to blend, then serve cold.
How to Make KFC Cole Slaw
While this KFC cole slaw recipe version features the sweet and spicy taste of the dish as it is served today, older versions of the official recipe included the addition of tarragon. To make the older version, simply substitute tarragon vinegar for the white wine vinegar. This dish is a good option for church pot-luck meals, picnics or other large gathering because it can be made ahead and the recipes is easily scaled to serve a large crowd. Just make the recipe in batches to make tossing the salad easier. If you prefer a bit of a kick to your coleslaw, add some Cayenne pepper to the mixture.
Also See: How to Make KFC Buttermilk Biscuits, How to Make Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits, How to Make Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix, How to Make KFC Bean Salad, How to Make KFC Extra Crispy Fried Chicken, How to Make KFC Gravy, How to Make KFC Green Beans, How to Make KFC Original Recipe Fried Chicken , How to Make KFC Pecan Pie, How to Make KFC Potato Wedges, How to Make KFC Refrigerator Rolls , How to Make KFC Spoon Bread