From Copycat Recipe Guide
Macaroni Grill Chicken Marsala
At Romano’s Macaroni Grill, guests can order several classic Italian recipes, including Chicken Marsala. If you’d like to make your own version of the Macaroni Grill Chicken Marsala recipe at home, you can learn to make the dish quickly using the main ingredients of chicken breast, mushrooms, and Marsala wine. Once you’ve mastered this dish, try preparing other Macaroni Grill entrees, including Penne Rustica and Scaloppine di Pollo.
|Customer service phone||(972)674-4300|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken breast, Marsala wine, mushrooms|
|Similar to||Chicken Marsala|
Macaroni Grill Chicken Marsala Ingredients
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 cup portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 minced shallot
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 tbsp. dry Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chicken stock
Macaroni Grill Chicken Marsala Recipe
- Cut the chicken breast into eight equal pieces. Place them between two pieces of wax paper and use a kitchen mallet to pound the breasts into a uniform thickness.
- Sprinkle flour, salt, and pepper evenly over both sides of the chicken pieces. Shake off any excess coating.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 2 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces to the skillet and cook for five minutes on each side. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Put 2 tbsp more butter in the skillet and melt it over medium heat. Add in the minced shallot and cook for a few minutes or until soft. Add in the mushrooms and cook them for five minutes before removing them and laying them on top of the chicken breasts. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the mushrooms.
- To make the Marsala sauce, pour the Marsala wine into the pan, add the chicken stock and the last two tbsp of butter. Increase the heat to medium-heat and boil the sauce rapidly until it reduces by half.
- Divide the chicken among four plates and pour the sauce over each plate. Serve alongside hot cooked pasta and garnish with parsley.
Classic Chicken Marsala Recipe
- To keep the chicken breasts warm after cooking, you can place them on a baking sheet and put them in an oven set to 300 degrees.
- To get a richer Marsala flavor, cook the chicken for just two minutes per side, then add the mushrooms. Pour the Marsala wine and other sauce ingredients directly onto the chicken, reduce the heat, and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Add a slightly different flavor by slicing two ounces of prosciutto thinly and cooking it in the sauce along with the mushrooms.
- At Romano’s Macaroni Grill, chefs prepare this dish along with capellini pasta, but you can substitute any thin pasta you like such as spaghetti, angel hair, or linguine.