From Copycat Recipe Guide
Macaroni Grill Chicken Rigatoni
This Macaroni Grill Chicken Rigatoni recipe, which uses grilled chicken, baby bella mushrooms, marsala wine, and heavy cream, is sturdy enough to make a complete meal. Despite its richness, this dish comes together in a short amount of time. You can shave even more time off the preparation by using pre-cooked, grilled chicken breast.
Start to finish: 1 hour 20 minutes (Active time: 50 minutes)
|Customer service phone||(972)674-4300|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, rigatoni pasta, mushrooms, heavy cream|
|Similar to||Chicken rigatoni|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Macaroni Grill Chicken Rigatoni Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 12 ounces grilled chicken, cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoon basil
- 6 ounces Marsala cooking wine
- 20 ounces heavy cream
- 16 ounces rigatoni pasta
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Recipe by CopycatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Macaroni Grill Chicken Rigatoni Recipe
- Cook the rigatoni pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain the pasta and set aside. Keep the pasta in the strainer.
- Dice the onion finely.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion in olive oil for a few minutes or until it turns translucent.
- Remove the diced onion from the pan and melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, grilled chicken, cooked onion, salt and pepper, and a bit of Parmesan.
- Saute the mixture for two to three minutes.
- Pour in the Marsala wine and continue cooking on medium for another 60 seconds.
- Add the cream, then slowly increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil.<
- Boil another pot of water and dip the pasta strainer into the hot water for about 10 seconds to dampen the pasta again. Drain well.
- Add the damp pasta to the saucepan with the chicken mushroom mixture. Stir to combine thoroughly and toss it for a few seconds.
- Remove the pan from the heat, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and toss until the cheese is completely mixed into the dish.
- Divide the mixture among five plates.
- Garnish each serving with additional cheese, if desired.
Chicken Rigatoni Recipe
- If you’d like to lighten this dish up a bit, you can use half and half cream, rather than heavy cream.
- This recipe as directed serves five, but it can doubled or halved to suit the number of people you’ll be serving.
- The recipe calls for baby bella mushrooms, but you can substitute any kind of mushroom you like. Try using a wild mushroom mix featuring cremini, portabella, and button mushrooms for a slightly nutty flavor.