From Copycat Recipe Guide
Macaroni Grill Penne Rustica
Using Romano's Macaroni Grill coupons can lower the cost of enjoying some of the classic Italian cuisine, including the restaurant’s Penne Rustica. However, visiting the restaurant for a flavor-packed meal is not always convenient or budget-friendly. The best way to save money without sacrificing the flavors you crave is to learn how to prepare Macaroni Grill's Penne Rustica recipe. The dish combines penne pasta, chicken breasts, and shrimp in a gratinata sauce. This hearty dish is perfect for dinner, or for heartier lunch fare. If using this recipe for a celebratory meal, or for a entertainment evening, consider crafting an appetizer, like Macaroni Grill’s Rosemary Bread or Carrabba’s Mamma’s Bread.
|Flickr: Casey Serin|
|Customer service phone||(972)674-4300|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, shrimp, penne pasta|
|Cooking method||Stovetop and baking|
|Similar to||The Cheesecake Factory's Pasta Da Vinci|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Macaroni Grill Penne Rustica Ingredients
- 2 tsp. butter
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. dill
- 1 tsp. chopped rosemary
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 8 cups heavy cream
- 1 ounce of chopped pancetta
- 18 medium shrimp
- 12 oz. grilled chicken breast
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 3 tsp. pimentos
- 6 oz. butter
- 1 tsp. chopped shallots
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Penne Rustica Recipe
- Prepare the Gratinata Sauce by combining butter, garlic, and rosemary in a large skillet.
- Sauté the mixture for a few minutes over medium-high heat until the butter and herbs are bubbly.
- Pour the Marsala wine into the pan and continue cooking until the wine reduces by a third.
- Add the dill, rosemary, and heavy cream to the sauce and heat until the entire mixture reduces by half.
- Cook the penne pasta in a pot of water according to the package directions, or until al dente.
- Drain the pasta, then set aside.
- Place chopped pancetta into a second skillet and sauté over medium heat.
- Add the butter, shallots, and shrimp to the skillet.
- Cook for a few minutes until the shrimp turn light pink.
- Add sliced chicken breast and stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pasta with the prepared Gratinata Sauce and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Place the pasta into the skillet with the chicken and shrimp mixture and lightly stir to combine.
- Pour the entire dish into a large roasting pan.
- Sprinkle the pimentos, the paprika, and the rest of the Parmesan cheese over the top of the dish.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and bake the pasta for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Making Homemade Penne Rustica
For extra flavor, you can add other ingredients such as marinated artichoke hearts, zucchini pieces, roasted red peppers, or sun-dried tomatoes. Since these ingredients are soft, add them in just before baking to avoid overcooking.
Also See: How to Make Macaroni Grill Scaloppine di Pollo, How to Make Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread, How to Make Olive Garden Caserecce Pasta and Red Sauce, How to Make Carrabba's Chicken Bryan, How to Make Carrabba's Mamma's Bread,How to Make Carrabba's Mamma's Pie Crust