From Copycat Recipe Guide
Macaroni Grill Scaloppine di Pollo
Scalloppine di Pollo is a traditional Italian recipe served at many restaurants, including Romano’s Macaroni Grill. While the name might sound complex, the dish, which features chicken breasts, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts, requires a fairly easy preparation method. This dish can make a home chef seem like a classically trained chef with the powerful flavors it presents.. This Macaroni Grill Scaloppine di Pollo recipe pairs nicely with Macaroni Grill’s Rosemary Bread as an appetizer.
|Flickr: Casey Serin|
|Customer service phone||(972)674-4300|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, pancetta, mushrooms, artichoke hearts|
|Similar to||Chicken pasta with cream sauce|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Macaroni Grill Scaloppine di Pollo Ingredients
- 4 ounces lemon juice
- 2 ounces dry white wine
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 1 pound butter (4 sticks)
- 8 chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 6 ounces pancetta
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 12 ounces artichoke hearts
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 1 lb. capellini pasta
Macaroni Grill Scaloppine di Pollo Recipe
- Combine lemon juice and white wine in a medium pan.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat and reduce by a third.
- Add the heavy cream to the saucepan. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add sticks of butter gradually and stir well to combine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and take the saucepan off the heat.
- Drain the cooked pasta. In a separate pan, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil and two tbsp. butter over medium heat.
- Pour the flour into a shallow dish or a pie plate and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken pieces into the flour and coat evenly.
- Add the chicken to the hot pan and sauté for a few minutes. Turn the chicken and continue cooking until golden brown on both sides.
- Place the chicken on a plate and set aside. Add the pancetta, mushrooms, artichoke hearts and capers to the hot pan.
- Cook the ingredients in the pan over medium heat until the mushrooms soften. Place the chicken back in the saucepan.
- Pour half of the butter sauce over the chicken mixture and stir well. Add more sauce, if needed.
- Divide the pasta among six plates. Pour the chicken mixture over each serving of pasta.
Commercial for Romano’s Macaroni Grill
This recipe makes enough to serve between four and six people. If you don’t care for capers, you can leave them out of the dish, but they add a nice subtle, salty kick to the dish. Alternately, you can use a store-bought Alfredo sauce as the base for your sauce, rather than making it from scratch, to speed up the cooking process. You can also substitute angel hair pasta in the recipe, if capellini is hard to find in your area. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days, but the texture of the chicken may be softer than the original dish.
Also See: How to Make Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Crostina, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Marsala, How to Make Carrabba's Chicken Bryan, How to Make Carrabba's Mamma's Bread, How to Make Olive Garden Lasagna