From Copycat Recipe Guide
Macaroni Grill Teriyaki Salmon with Spinach Orzo
Macaroni Grill’s Teriyaki Salmon with Spinach Orzo recipe is a simple, tasty meal for seafood lovers who don’t have a lot of time to make dinner. Since the salmon is cooked on the grill, the preparation time for this dish is minimal. Cooks can save even more time by using a bottled teriyaki glaze to baste the fish. While Macaroni Grill no longer serves this dish as part of its menu, home cooks can recreate it anytime they like with this recipe.
Start to finish: 40 minutes (Active time: 40 minutes)
|Customer service phone||(972)674-4300|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Salmon fillets, orzo pasta, spinach, teriyaki sauce|
|Similar to||Teriyaki salmon|
Macaroni Grill Teriyaki Salmon with Spinach Orzo Ingredients
- 2 pounds salmon fillets, cut into four equal pieces
- Canola oil
- Soy sauce
- 8 ounces teriyaki sauce
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces spinach, sliced thin
- 4 ounces diced red bell peppers
Recipe by CopycatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Macaroni Grill Teriyaki Salmon with Spinach Orzo Recipe
- Pour enough soy sauce into a shallow baking dish to cover it evenly.
- Lay the salmon fillets in the soy sauce and turn to coat.
- Pour the canola oil into a second baking dish, again adding enough to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Lay the salmon fillets in the oil to coat them.
- Heat a grill to high and then lay the salmon on the grill with the silver side facing up.
- Pour about 2 ounces of teriyaki sauce over the fillets while they cook.
- Grill for about 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until flaky.
- Cook the orzo pasta according to the package directions, then drain it well.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and olive oil to the pan.
- Add in the red bell peppers and the orzo pasta.
- Cook for about 60 seconds, stirring frequently.
- Take the pan off the heat and add in the sliced spinach leaves. Stir for a few seconds or until the spinach wilts.
- Serve the orzo along with the cooked salmon.
Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
- You can use bottled teriyaki sauce for this recipe, but if you prefer to make your own, here’s a simple recipe. Combine 2 c. soy sauce, ¾ c. Italian dressing, 4 c. honey, ¾ c. lemon juice, 2 tbsp. crushed red pepper, and 1/8 c. cayenne pepper. Mix together and use within 48 hours.
- At 401 calories and 14 grams of fat per serving, this recipe is fairly healthy. The dish makes enough to serve five people. To keep the sodium content low, use a reduced-sodium soy sauce.
- The original recipe calls for serving the salmon over orzo pasta, but any small shaped pasta will do. Cooks can even replace the pasta with rice or another starch just as mashed potatoes, if they like. For a creamier dish, try preparing risotto and serving that along with the salmon.