From Copycat Recipe Guide
Maggiano's Aioli Lemon Cream Sauce
This Maggiano's Aioli Lemon Cream Sauce recipe is typically served with their Crispy Zucchini Fritte (crispy fried zucchini) at the restaurant. This appetizer consists of hand-sliced zucchini coated with a panko bread crumb batter and then deep fried. However, when you make this citrus-spiked dipping sauce at home, you can use it to accompany any appetizer, entree or side dish you desire. It goes well with vegetables, adding richness and tangy flavor.
|Offered by||Maggiano's Little Italy|
|Customer service phone||800-983- 4637|
|Served as||Dipping sauce|
|Main ingredients||Mayonnaise, lemons, spices|
|Similar to||hollandaise Sauce|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Maggiano's Aioli Lemon Cream Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Maggiano's Aioli Lemon Cream Sauce Recipe
- Squeeze the lemon through a strainer over a small bowl, removing any seeds that may get through.
- Zest the lemon, and add the rind to the juice. Make sure that none of the white part gets used.
- Chop the parsley and chives finely.
- Mince the garlic clove.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and zest, garlic, parsley, chives, olive oil and mustard powder.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and mix until the sauce is smooth.
Fried Zucchini Sticks
- Try using Maggiano's Aioli Lemon Cream Sauce as a replacement for traditional hollandaise sauce over dishes like steamed asparagus or even eggs Benedict. For these hot dishes, it is best not to use the sauce cold. Simply heat it up in the microwave for about 30 seconds, or more if you are using a large quantity. You may also heat it in a small pan over the stove until it feels warm.
- Maggiano's Aioli Lemon Cream Sauce can also be used as a topping for crabcakes.
Also See: How to Make Maggiano's Tomato Vodka Sauce, How to Make Maggiano's Rigatoni D, How to Make Maggiano's House Salad Dressing, How to Make Maggiano's Gnocchi and Italian Sausage, How to Make Maggiano's Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake, How to Make Maggiano's Italian Marinara Sauce