From Copycat Recipe Guide
Maggiano's Braised Beef Canneloni
Making this recipe for Maggiano's braised beef cannelloni at home is the only to taste this dish, since it isn't on the restaurant menu anymore. This is a meal that will take some planning, as it will take around eight hours to braise the beef, and there's no way to rush it without sacrificing taste. Once the meat is prepared, however, the rest of the recipe moves fairly quickly and is not very hard to make.
|Offered by||Maggiano's Little Italy|
|Customer service phone||800-983- 4637|
|Served as||main course|
|Main ingredients||Chuck roast, cannelloni, cream, garlic, vegetables|
|Cooking method||Slow cooking, sauteing, boiling|
|Similar to||Beef cannelloni or manicotti|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Maggiano's Braised Beef Cannelloni Ingredients
- 4 pounds Chuck roast, or another pot roast cut
- 1, 1-pound package cannelloni
- 4 cups beef stock
- 8 stalks celery
- 3 carrots, whole
- 2 medium onions
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned, fine bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
Maggiano's Braised Beef Cannelloni Recipe
- Pour the olive oil into a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the roast.
- Cook un the pot, turning occasionally, until seared on all sides.
- Dice the onions, mince the garlic, and coarsely chop the carrots and celery.
- Set the roast into a slow cooker or crock pot.
- Add the vegetables and bay leaf.
- Pour the beef stock over all ingredients in the pot. The roast should be fully engulfed, though the vegetables don't need to be.
- Cook for eight hours.
- Drain and reserve the liquid; you will need it for the sauce.
- Sherd the beef with a knife and fork.
- Prepare the cannelloni according to package instructions.
- In a medium saucepan, mix the drained liquid with the cream, vinegar and flour.
- Heat over medium, and bring to a simmer for a minute or so.
- Add 1/2 cup of the sauce and the parmesan cheese to the beef, and stir to incorporate.
- Stuff the cannelloni with the beef mixture.
- Top with the remaining sauce, sprinkle with bread crumbs and serve.
How to Stuff Cannelloni
- If you can't find any cannelloni, manicotti or any other type of tube pasta large enough for stuffing will work.
- If you have any leftover beef, you can add some barbecue sauce and use it as a filling for shredded, barbecue beef sandwiches.
- Cheese lovers can melt some grated mozzarella on top of the cannelloni.
Also See: How to Make Maggiano's Aioli Lemon Cream Sauce, How to Make Maggiano's Rigatoni D, How to Make Maggiano's Tomato Vodka Sauce, How to Make Maggiano's Italian Marinara Sauce, How to Make Maggiano's Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake