From Copycat Recipe Guide
Maggiano's Grilled Rosemary Chicken
The Maggiano's Grilled Rosemary Chicken features a base of butternut squash risotto, topped with a grilled rosemary chicken breast and a sauce of browned butter and white wine. While this is only a seasonal addition to the restaurant menu, fans can eat it any time of year by using the recipe here. While it was not provided by Maggiano's Little Italy, it duplicates all of the components of the dish.
|Offered by||Maggiano's Little Italy|
|Customer service phone||800-983- 4637|
|Main ingredients||Butternut squash, rice, butter, white wine, chicken, rosemary|
|Cooking method||Simmering, grilling|
|Similar to||Rosemary chicken over butternut squash risotto|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Maggiano's Grilled Rosemary Chicken Ingredients
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1, 10-ounce package frozen butternut squash
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 sage leaves, ribboned
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 ounces white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, cracked
- Salt and pepper to taste
Maggiano's Grilled Rosemary Chicken Recipe
- Start the risotto by bringing the stock and water to a simmer. Keep on low heat.
- Thaw the squash in the microwave.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic, and saute a couple of minutes until tender.
- Add the rice, and saute for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the wine, and cook for another few minutes until cooked out.
- Spoon the stock into the rice mixture gradually, allowing the water to evaporate before adding more.
- Continue cooking for about 18 minutes. Add the squash, nutmeg, salt and pepper during the final 3 minutes of cooking. At the end, melt in the butter and add the sage and cheese.
- Coat the chicken breasts in vinegar and olive oil, then season with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add the chicken and the garlic, and grill until juices run clear.
- Make the sauce by adding all ingredients to a small skillet over medium-high. Stir until browned.
- Portion the risotto onto serving plates. Top with chicken, and finish with sauce.
Butternut Squash Risotto
- Although Maggiano's Little Italy serves their rosemary chicken over a bed of butternut squash risotto, there are many other options (many of them less time-consuming). If you like creamy pastas, try it over fettucini Alfredo. If tangy tomato sauce is more your thing, set it atop angel hair pasta with marinara.
Also See: How to Make Maggiano's Butternut Squash Ravioli, How to Make Maggiano's Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake, How to Make Maggiano's House Salad Dressing, How to Make Maggiano's Bruschetta, How to Make Maggiano's Shrimp Fra Diavolo