From Copycat Recipe Guide
Maggiano's House Salad Dressing
Most people will agree that a delicious dressing with just the right blend of herbs and spices can make any salad memorable. Maggiano’s House Salad Dressing recipe is indeed superb. Maggiano’s restaurants feature the house dressing on salads like their traditional “Maggiano’s Salad;” the “Chopped Salad” featuring crumbled bleu cheese, crispy prosciutto, avocado, red onion, and tomatoes with iceberg lettuce; and the “Grilled Chicken Caprese Salad” comprised of mixed greens, balsamic glazed chicken, mozzarella, tomatoes, cucumbers red onions, and kalamata olives. Maggiano’s Little Italy even bottles their salad dressing, which can be found in select gourmet boutiques.
The combination of red wine and white vinegars adds just the right acidity to the subtly garlicky, mustard base. Now you can make Maggiano’s House Salad Dressing recipe at home to complement your own salad creations.
|Flickr: arnold inuyaki|
|Customer service phone||800-983-4637|
|Main ingredients||Red wine vinegar, olive oil, dry mustard|
|Similar to||Olive Garden Salad Dressing|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Maggiano’s House Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 2 tbsp. Coleman’s dry mustard
- 5 tbsp. sugar
- 3/8 c. water
- 1/8 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. white vinegar
- salt, to taste
- 2 c. canola or corn oil
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. fresh oregano
Maggiano’s House Salad Dressing Recipe
- Combine mustard, sugar, water, red wine vinegar, white vinegar, and salt in a food processor. Mix until smooth.
- Drizzle in the oils slowly while continuing to blend for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the food processor to combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add garlic, red pepper, black pepper, and oregano; Mix with a wire whisk.
- Transfer dressing to a sealed container and place in the refrigerator.
How to Make a Healthy Salad to Accompany Maggiano’s House Dressing
- This recipe makes 1 quart of dressing. For the best results, prepare this salad dressing a few hours before you intend to use it to allow the flavors to meld.
- It is important to note that all garlic-in-oil products should be stored in a refrigerator and used within a few days. Storing garlic-in-oil at room temperature or for long periods of time could pose a risk for botulism. The oxygen-free nature of the oil compound could lead to the germination of botulinum spores present in some vegetable tubers and roots, such as garlic.
Also See: How to Make Maggiano's Gnocchi and Italian Sausage, How to Make Maggiano's Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake, How to Make Olive Garden Salad Dressing, How to Make Irish Coffee Pub Creamy Dill Dressing, How To Make Texas Roadhouse Italian Dressing