From Copycat Recipe Guide
Maggiano's Tomato Vodka Sauce
This Maggiano's tomato vodka sauce recipe can be used on pastas, pizzas, and a variety of other entrees, as well as a dipping sauce for bread sticks, cheese sticks or other appetizers. The vodka brings out the rich tomato flavor, but the alcohol content is low enough that this recipe is suitable for all ages. The sauce has a touch of cream, adding smooth appeal.
|Offered by||Maggiano's Little Italy|
|Customer service phone||800-983- 4637|
|Main ingredients||Tomatoes, cream, vodka|
|Similar to||Vodka marinara sauce|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Maggiano's Tomato Vodka Sauce Ingredients
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
Maggiano's Tomato Vodka Sauce Recipe
- In a large pot, melt the butter into the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until almost transparent.
- Add the garlic and saute until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley and crushed red pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for about 45 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Bring the heat back up to medium.
- Add the cream and the vodka, and bring to a boil.
- Continue to boil for about two minutes, until sauce reaches desired thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use immediately or let cool and then refrigerate in a covered container.
Penne Vodka Recipe
It may be tempting to splurge on expensive vodka for this recipe if you want a gourmet sauce, but there is no need to waste your money. The flavor of the vodka will be almost completely masked by the tomato, and it will be impossible to discern the quality of the liquor. Even the cheapest vodkas will work well in this sauce.
Also See: How to Make Dominos Italian Sausage and Pepper Trio Pizza, How to Make Maggiano's Gnocchi and Italian Sausage, How To Make Texas Roadhouse Italian Dressing, How to Make Olive Garden Italian Pasta Salad Supremo with Primavera Toast, How to Make Olive Garden Italian Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Herb Parmesan Cream Sauce