From Copycat Recipe Guide
Maggiano's Rigatoni D
Maggiano's Rigatoni D recipe uses a base of rigatoni pasta topped with herbed chicken breast, mushrooms and caramelized onions topped with a creamy Marsala wine sauce. Although there are many steps to this dish, none of them are overly complicated. This meal will fit right in for special occasions, and is highlighted as a specialty on the Maggiano's Little Italy restaurant menu.
|Offered by||Maggiano's Little Italy|
|Customer service phone||800-983- 4637|
|Served as||Main course|
|Main ingredients||Pasta, marsala wine, mushrooms, onions, chicken, cream|
|Cooking method||Boiling, sauteing, simmering|
|Similar to||Chicken rigatoni with Marsala cream sauce|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Maggiano's Rigatoni D Ingredients
- 1 pound package rigatoni pasta
- 10 ounces white button or crimini mushrooms
- 1 pound chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/3 cups marsala wine
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Maggiano's Rigatoni D Recipe
- Cook the rigatoni as directed on the package.
- While the water is boiling, heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- In a large skillet, saute the onions, garlic and mushrooms until the onions begin to caramelize.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken pieces, chicken stock, marsala wine and cook until half has evaporated.
- Add the cream, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Bring down to a simmer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the fresh herbs.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat evenly with sauce.
- Serve immediately.
How to Make Perfect Pasta
- This recipe can easily made vegetarian for those who don't want chicken. Substitute vegetable stock for the chicken stock, and omit the chicken breasts or substitue thick slices of portobello mushrooms.
- If desired, top the rigatoni with freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese and crushed red pepper flakes for added zest.
- Top with fresh parsley for gourmet presentation.
- Try alternate pastas like penne or shells for variety.
Also See: How to Make Red Lobster Lobster and Asparagus Penne Pasta, How to Make Olive Garden Caserecce Pasta and Red Sauce, How to Make Red Lobster Seared Salmon With Shellfish Pasta, How to Make Olive Garden Italian Pasta Salad Supremo with Primavera Toast, How to Make Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli, How to Make Outback Steakhouse Toowoomba Pasta