From Copycat Recipe Guide
Maggiano's Spaghetti and Meatballs
Maggiano's spaghetti and meatballs is a classic Italian recipe that is simple to make at home. The restaurant has provided the instructions to the public, so that home chefs can replicate the dish without having to leave the house. They make their spaghetti and meatballs the traditional way, without using any embellishments or "gourmet" ingredients. The dish is meant to be served directly after cooking.
|Offered by||Maggiano's Little Italy|
|Customer service phone||800-983- 4637|
|Served as||Main course|
|Main ingredients||Beef, marinara sauce, spaghetti|
|Cooking method||Boiling, simmering, frying|
|Similar to||Spaghetti and meatballs|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Maggiano's Spaghetti and Meatballs Ingredients
- 1 recipe for Maggiano's Italian Marinara Sauce, prepared
- 1 pound package spaghetti
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley, ribboned
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
Maggiano's Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe
- Prepare the marinara sauce as instructed.
- Boil the spaghetti as directed on the box.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the garlic, parsley, salt, bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Add the ground beef, and use your hands to knead the mixture until all of the ingredients are incorporated evenly throughout the ground beef.
- Using about 2 ounces of the beef mixture at a time, use your hands to form 16 meatballs of equal size.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high in a large, heavy frying pan.
- Carefully add the meatballs to the pan.
- Fry, turning occasionally, until the meatballs are browned on all sides.
- Set the meatballs on a lightly greased baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour the marinara sauce into a large saucepan.
- Add the meatballs, and cook until well heated.
- Toss the spaghetti with the marinara sauce, and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Maggiano's Little Italy
Perfect Pasta Recipe
- Maggiano's recommends using a high-quality spaghetti for this dish, such as Barilla or De Cecco.
- Those who prefer a creamy sauce can use the meatball recipe, but top with an Alfredo instead of the marinara. Those who want creaminess in addition to the tang of tomatos can use both, pouring the marinara on first and then following with a drizzle of Alfredo sauce.
Also See: How to Make Maggiano's Gnocchi and Italian Sausage, How to Make Maggiano's Tomato Vodka Sauce, How to Make Maggiano's Bruschetta, How to Make Maggiano's Linguine Shrimp Aglio Olio with Broccoli, How to Make Maggiano's Italian Marinara Sauce