From Copycat Recipe Guide
Making McDonald's pancakes at home is simple. The batter can be made ahead if needed, but it is best to mix it right before making the hotcakes. This copycat makes enough batter for about 18 to 20 pancakes, but can be easily halved or doubled based on the number of diners.
For the most authentic taste, you'll want to sweetened the pancakes with malt, like they do in the restaurant. If you don't have any malted milk powder on hand, you can substitute sugar.
|Customer service phone||800-244-6227|
|Served as||Breakfast entree|
|Main ingredients||Flour, butter|
|Cooking method||Pan fried|
|Similar to||Cracker Barrel pancakes|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
McDonald's Pancakes Ingredients
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons malted milk powder or sugar
- 2 tablespoon soybean oil
- 2 3/4 cups Bisquick
- 1/4 cup finely ground corn flour, or corn meal
- 2 large eggs
McDonald's Pancakes Recipe
- If using corn meal, place in blender and process until finely ground. If using corn flour, proceed to step 2.
- Measure Bisquick, or other biscuit mix, and add to the blender.
- Add sugar, oil and milk to the flour mix, then blend on low to incorporate all ingredients.
- Crack 2 eggs and add to the mix.
- Blend on medium-high for 20 seconds.
- Allow mixture to stand for about 10 to 15 minutes to allow the mixture to meld.
- Oil griddle and heat until a drop of water sizzles on contact.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of batter, then place on hot griddle or frying pan. Once the first side has bubbles across most of the surface, flip the pancake with a spatula.
- Cook on second side until lightly brown.
How to Flip Pancakes
Creating pancakes like McDonald's at home is a great alternative to spending about $4 or more for a breakfast at the fast food chain. In addition to financial savings, crafting the pancakes at home allows the home cook to adjust the flavor of the pancakes for variety or taste preferences. For example, adding a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter and topping with whipped cream makes for a festive and delicious pancake treat.
While McDonald's pancakes are only served during breakfast hours at the fast food restaurant, making pancakes at home allows the home cook to whip up some fluffy goodness any time. Serving a traditional breakfast meal for dinner is a cheap, easy and kid-friendly meal that is sure to get rave reviews. Pancakes can be enjoyed plain, slathered with butter or topped with syrup or jelly.
McDonald's breakfast recipes are not low-calorie or heart healthy, but this McDonald's pancake recipe can be easily modified for dietary restrictions. Splenda can be substituted for sugar and the fat-free or Heart Smart version of Bisquick can be substituted to reduce calories and increase fiber.
Also See: How to Make a Smoothie Like McDonald's, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter, How to Make KFC Buttermilk Biscuits, How to Make Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole, How to Make Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls, How to Make Homemade Nutella, How To Make McDonald's Chicken Nuggets, How to Make IHOP Buttermilk Pancakes, How to Make IHOP Cheesecake Pancakes, How to Make IHOP Harvest Grain and Nut Pancakes, How to Make IHOP Swedish Pancakes