From Copycat Recipe Guide
McDonald's Special Sauce
For years, home chefs have been trying to recreate the “Special Sauce” on the McDonald’s Big Mac. While there have been many versions of it posted online, the official recipe has remained a secret. But now, the Executive Chef for McDonald’s restaurants has revealed the recipe. The ingredients are surprisingly simple and the recipe is easy enough to whip up in minutes. Use this McDonald’s Secret Sauce recipe to make a Big Mac in your own kitchen today!
Start to finish: 5 minutes
Serves: Makes 1 cup of sauce
|Customer service phone||800-244-6227|
|Main ingredients||Mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, white wine vinegar|
|Similar to||Tartar sauce|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
McDonald’s Special Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
McDonald’s Special Sauce Recipe
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, and yellow mustard until well-blended.
- Add the white wine vinegar to the mayonnaise base and stir.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika to the sauce and stir until all of the ingredients are combined.
Recipe by CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
How to Make Big Mac Special Sauce
- The nutrition list on the official McDonald’s website also includes the preservative, sodium benzoate, and an ingredient called calcium disodium EDTA to protect the flavor of the sauce. There are also a few other additives for color. These ingredients are understandable when the sauce is being prepared in large quantities and require a longer shelf-life that a restaurant requires.
- This sauce is so delicious, it’s a shame to restrict it to just a burger condiment. Try using it as a dipping sauce for homemade McDonald's french fries or for your favorite chicken nuggets.
Also See: How to Make a Smoothie Like McDonald's, How to Make T.G.I. Friday's Potato Skins, How to Make McDonald's Hotcakes, How to Make Applebee's Classic Patty Melt, How to Make Steak 'n Shake Fry 'n Steakburger Seasoning, How to Make McDonald's French Fries