From Copycat Recipe Guide
O'Charley's Loaded Potato Soup
“Good Food, Good Times” is the motto at O’Charley’s, a casual fine dining establishment with over 200 restaurants located in 20 states throughout the U.S. O’Charley’s serves brunch on Sundays, and lunch and dinner every day of the week. The menu lists a variety of choices so there’s sure to be something for everyone.
O’Charley’s Loaded Potato Soup paired with a garden salad makes a great lunch or dinner. It’s always fun to eat out, especially if you’ve got an O’Charley’s coupon. But if you can’t make it to the restaurant, or are looking for a night at home, try this O’Charley’s Loaded Potato Soup recipe, invite over a few friends, and bring the “Good Times” to your place.
Start to finish: 1 hour (active time: 30 minutes)
|Customer service phone||615-256-8500|
|Served as||Soup, appetizer|
|Main ingredients||Potatoes, half and half cream, cheese|
|Similar to||Panera Bread Baked Potato Soup|
O’Charley’s Loaded Potato Soup Ingredients
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes, unpeeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 quarts fat free half and half
- 1 1/2 cups Velvetta cheese, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 pound bacon strips
- 1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
O’Charley’s Loaded Potato Soup Recipe
- In a large pot over high heat, boil the diced potatoes until they are almost cooked but still a bit firm. Drain potatoes and reserve.
- In another large pot, combine the butter and flour. Stir continuously for about 3 minutes, making a roux. The roux is done when the flour and butter mixture becomes a golden brown.
- Gradually add the half and half. Bring to a boil; then lower the heat and stir for 2 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Add the melted Velvetta cheese and potatoes to the cream mixture.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce to the soup.
- On low heat, cook the soup for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until it is brown and crunchy. Crumble the bacon and reserve it for the topping.
- Garnish the soup with crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, parsley, and chives.
Recipe from CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
O’Charley’s Good Food, Good Times
- This recipe serves ten people and can easily be halved.
- To decrease the cooking time, purchase ready-to-cook microwavable bacon for your topping.
- If you do not like your food to be spicy, omit the hot pepper sauce. The white pepper can also be eliminated or decreased as well. Chefs will often use white pepper in light-colored dished so that black pepper flecks will not be apparent in the dish. White pepper is less pungent than black pepper, but can still pack a punch for diners who are sensitive to pepper.
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Breadsticks, How to Make Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread, How to Make Beaumont Hotel Roasted Tomato Bisque, How to Make Red Lobster Lobster Bisque, How to Make Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana, How to Make Sweet Tomatoes Pumpkin Soup, How to Make Panera Baked Potato Soup, How to Make Saltgrass Steak House Baked Potato Soup