From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
Olive Garden serves a variety of pasta dishes topped with their signature Alfredo sauce. The Olive Garden Alfredo sauce recipe is made with a blend of butter, cream, cheese, and seasonings. You can prepare a homemade version of the sauce with a few simple ingredients and serve it over your favorite pasta.
While Olive Garden provides a recipe for Alfredo sauce on their website, it is not the same sauce that is served in the restaurant. The website recipe is a much richer sauce that is thickened with eggs. The restaurant version does not contain eggs, and includes a commercial thickener that adds a small amount of fiber to the dish. 
Start to finish: 20 minutes
|Offered by||Olive Garden|
|Customer service phone||(800)248-4935|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Milk, cream, eggs|
|Similar to||Red Lobster Alfredo sauce, Carbonara sauce|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
- 6 cups half and half
- 14 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coarse ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum (optional)
Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- In a large saucepan, combine cream and butter over medium heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Turn off the heat.
- Using a wire whisk, slowly stir the grated cheese into the liquid. Whisk the mixture until the cheese melts.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and whisk in the minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the sauce, and whisk until thoroughly combined. The xanthan gum will thicken the sauce slightly, and will also keep it from separating if you're not serving it immediately. It can be omitted if desired.
Recipe by CopyCat Recipe Guide's Food Editors
Olive Garden Coupons
- For a more flavorful Alfredo sauce, add more garlic powder to the sauce blend.
- To create a meal, add cuts of pre-cooked chicken to the Alfredo sauce with pasta.
- If you like the taste of seafood, try adding 12 ounces of medium shrimp to the finished pasta.
- Nutmeg is a traditional seasoning for Alfredo sauce; add a pinch before serving if you like.
- If serving over pasta, add a sprinkle of fresh minced parsley to duplicate the restaurant's presentation.
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Beef Filets in Balsamic Sauce, How to Make Olive Garden Breadsticks, How to Make Olive Garden Caserecce Pasta and Red Sauce, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken with Lemon Sage Sauce, How to Make Olive Garden Salad, How to Make Olive Garden Salad Dressing