From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Baked Stuffed Artichokes with Foccacia
Olive Garden restaurants offer basic Italian flavors through grilled meat dishes, hearty pasta entrees and flavor-packed sides and appetizers. Olive Garden's baked stuffed artichokes with Foccacia recipe combines the savory goodness of artichoke hearts with a dense, herb-crusted bread. While guests at the restaurant chain can enjoy bread recipes and other dishes, without a good Olive Garden coupon, the meal can be pricey to enjoy often. Learning to duplicate the Olive Garden Baked Stuffed Artichokes with Foccacia recipe at home allows home cooks to bring a flavor punch to a nightly meal, special occasion or even pot luck meal. This recipe is prepared from basic ingredients like fresh artichokes, onion, white wine, and two types of cheese. The secret for crafting a restaurant-worthy dish is to obtain the freshest, highest-quality ingredients possible.
|Image Source: Olive Garden|
|Customer service phone||(800)248-4935|
|Main ingredients||Artichokes, onion, Fontina cheese, foccacia bread|
|Similar to||Stuffed artichokes|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Olive Garden Baked Stuffed Artichokes with Foccacia Ingredients
- 2 fresh artichokes
- 1 fresh lemon, cut in half
- 1 small onion, chopped roughly
- 8 cups water
- 4 cups white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 black peppercorns
- 6 tbsp. Fontina cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup butter, salted
- 1 cup onion, cut into small dice
- 1/4 tsp. fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh basil, chopped or ¼ tsp. dry basil
- 1/2 cup plum tomato, diced with jelly and seeds removed
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 ¼ cup foccacia bread, cut into small dice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tsp. flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pinch of black pepper
Recipe courtesy of Olive Garden
Olive Garden Baked Stuffed Artichokes with Foccacia Recipe
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- With a pair of kitchen scissors, snip the sharp points off of each artichoke leaf.
- In a stockpot, mix the lemon halves, the chopped onion, water, wine, bay leaf, and black peppercorns together. Bring the mixture to a boil, then add the artichokes.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the artichokes are tender. Take the pot off the heat and let the artichokes cool in the stock.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the 1 cup of onion and the garlic. Saute the vegetables for five minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, excluding the Parmesan and Fontina cheeses, and let the mixture cool.
- Remove the cooled artichokes from the stockpot and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out the center prickly leaves, leaving the heart intact. Use the teaspoon to place the stuffing in each hollowed-out artichoke center.
- Top the artichokes with the Fontina cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Lay them on a baking sheet and bake them for about 20 minutes or until the center of each artichoke is hot.
How to Make Italian Stuffed Artichokes
This recipe can be prepared in 30 minutes and makes enough to serve four average-sized servings. The dish is designed as a side dish, but can easily be used as an entree by adjusting the proportions. Cooks who enjoy this dish might like to prepare other Olive Garden appetizers such as Spinach and Artichoke Dip and Portobello Mushrooms with Mozzarella.
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Spinach and Artichoke Dip, How to Make Olive Garden Portobello Mushrooms with Mozzarella, How to Make Olive Garden Baked Stuffed Mussels with Foccacia and Lemon,How to Make Olive Garden Beef Filets in Balsamic Sauce,How to Make Olive Garden Bistecca di Manzo alla Boscaiola,How to Make Olive Garden Breadsticks,How to Make Olive Garden Caserecce Pasta and Red Sauce