From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Beef Filets in Balsamic Sauce
The Olive Garden restaurant is famous for its Italian cuisine. The chain puts a spin on traditional Italian ribeye by serving it in a balsamic vinegar sauce. People who want to make this entrée at home can learn how to make the Olive Garden Beef Filets in Balsamic Sauce recipe. These cooks might also enjoy preparing Chicken Marsala or Stuffed Chicken Marsala.
|Image Source: Olive Garden|
|Customer service phone||(800)248-4935|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Beef tenderloin filets, Marsala wine, balsamic vinegar|
|Similar to||Braised beef tenderloin|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Olive Garden Beef Filets in Balsamic Sauce Ingredients
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp. butter, plus 2 tsp. butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thinly
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 4 – 6 ounce beef tenderloin filets
- 1 dash parsley, finely chopped
- Rosemary sprig, for garnish
Recipe courtesy of Olive Garden
Olive Garden Beef Filets in Balsamic Sauce Recipe
- In a large sauté pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil and butter in over medium heat. Add the sliced onions, salt, and black pepper to the pan.
- Cook the onion mixture for 10 minutes or until they are softened and golden brown in color. Stir frequently during cooking to prevent scorching.
- Add the Marsala wine, beef broth, balsamic vinegar, and the chopped rosemary to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer the sauce for 10 to 15 minutes or until the sauce reduces by half.
- Place olive oil on your hands and rub the beef filets with oil evenly. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Pour the additional two tbsp of butter into a second pan and heat it over a medium-high flame. Place the seasoned filets in the pan and cook to desired doneness - about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Lay the cooked steaks on a large platter and top them with the reduced sauce. Garnish the platter with parsley and a rosemary sprig.
Gordon Ramsay’s Filet of Beef
- To add a bit more flavor, crumble two ounces of goat cheese over the steaks and broil them for one minute until the cheese is evenly melted.
- If you're unable to find Marsala wine, you can use any red wine to make the balsamic sauce.
- For a spicier taste, crush three tbsp of whole peppercorns and sprinkle them over both sides of the steaks before cooking.
Some cooks may want to serve this dish along with a simple pasta entrée such as Olive Garden’s Caserecce Pasta and Red Sauce. This dish cooks up fairly easily, but it does require up to 75 minutes of total cooking time, including 30 minutes of preparation.
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Bistecca di Manzo alla Boscaiola, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Marsala, How to Make Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala, How to Make Olive Garden Caserecce Pasta and Red Sauce