From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Bistecca di Manzo alla Boscaiola
Olive Garden’s Bistecca di Manzo alla Boscaiola features pan-seared rib eye steaks that are served over caramelized onions in a homemade tomato sauce. Cooks who want to duplicate this entrée at home can learn how to make this Olive Garden Bistecca di Manzo alla Boscaiola recipe. If this dish is a popular meal, they may enjoy preparing other Olive Garden entrees such as Beef Filets in Balsamic Sauce and Stuffed Chicken Marsala.
|Image Source: Olive Garden|
|Customer service phone||(800)248-4935|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Rib eye steak, onion, canned tomatoes|
|Similar to||Steak and tomato sauce|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Olive Garden Bistecca di Manzo alla Boscaiola Ingredients
- 1 ounce porcini mushrooms, dried
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, diced, with juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano or 2 tsp. dry
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 – ½-inch thick beef tenderloin steaks
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small onion
- Fresh parsley, chopped
Recipe courtesy of Olive Garden
Olive Garden Bistecca di Manzo alla Boscaiola Recipe
- Fill a bowl with lukewarm water. Place the dried porcini mushrooms in the water and soak them for 20 minutes. Take the mushrooms out of the bowl, rinse them, then chop them lightly. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan, combine the white wine, mushrooms, tomatoes, and oregano. Heat over medium heat, then bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper, adjusting seasoning to personal taste.
- Lower the heat and simmer the sauce for 15 minutes. In a second pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Place the steaks in the pan, cooking in batches if necessary.
- Cook the steaks for four minutes, then flip to cook the other side for four minutes more. Add the garlic and chopped onion to the pan and cook for another two minutes.
- To serve, remove the onions from the pan and place them on a large platter. Lay the steaks on top of the cooked onions, then pour the sauce over the steaks. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Making Italian Ribeye Steak
- The Olive Garden estimates the total cooking time for this dish to be 35 minutes, including 20 minutes for preparation. The ingredients listed make enough food to serve four, but cooks can multiply the quantities to serve more guests.
- If you prefer to roast your own tomatoes, place one pint of grape tomatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle a tbsp of extra virgin olive oil over the tomatoes and sprinkle them with a bit of salt and pepper. Place the baking sheet in a 400 degree oven and roast the tomatoes for about 20 minutes.
- For a spicier taste, dice a serrano or jalapeno pepper finely and add to the tomato mixture in the skillet.
- To make a smoother tomato sauce, combine the tomatoes, onion, and a red pepper in a blender and puree until smooth. Add this mixture to the other sauce ingredients in the pan.
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Beef Filets in Balsamic Sauce, How to Make Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Crostina, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Milanese