From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Breadsticks
Regular visitors to the Olive Garden know that the restaurant chain serves its famous breadsticks and salad with every meal. Recreating the Olive Garden breadsticks recipe at home is fairly simple and can be an easy introduction to home baking for new cooks. You might want to try preparing these breadsticks along with a salad made with homemade Olive Garden salad dressing for a first course.
This copycat recipe combines flour with wheat bran and vital wheat gluten to duplicate the light, but chewy, texture of the breadsticks found at the restaurant. If you don't have these on hand, you can use an additional 1/3 cup of regular flour, but the texture will not be the same as the restaurant version.
Serves: 16 breadsticks
|Customer service phone||800-331-2729|
|Main ingredients||Flour, yeast, oil, sugar, salt|
|Similar to||Italian bread|
Olive Garden Breadsticks Ingredients
- 3/4 cup warm water (about 110 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 4 cups all purpose flour, plus extra for the counter
- 1/3 cup wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons of margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt salt
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Combine the water, sugar, and yeast in a big mixing bowl and let the mixture rest for 10 minutes. When the yeast begins bubbling, add the salt.
- Place the bran in a food processor, and process until it has reached the consistency of flour.
- Combine the bran with the flour and gluten; mix well.
- Gradually add the flour to the liquid mixture in batches, mixing well with your fingers to maintain a good consistency. Alternately, you can use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment to combine the ingredients until the dough becomes sticky.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead with your hands until the surface becomes smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Shape the dough into a 24-inch log, then slice it into 16 equal pieces.
- Knead each piece a little and roll it into a 7 inch long breadstick. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and then lay each breadstick on the sheet.
- Place the sheet in a warm spot and cover it with a towel. Let the breadsticks rest for about 45 minutes until they double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the breadsticks in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, until they are golden brown. Do not overcook, as you want the crust to be soft, not crispy.
- Remove the breadsticks from the oven and brush them with melted margarine butter and garlic salt immediately.
- Serve warm.
- If you want a heartier texture for your breadsticks, don't bother grinding the bran before mixing it with the flour.
- The breadsticks at Olive Garden have use vegetable oil and margarine, and have no saturated fat. You can use butter instead of margarine if you are not concerned about saturated fat.
- The Olive Garden offers two dipping sauces for their breadsticks: alfredo sauce and marinara sauce.
- As prepared, this recipe makes about 16 breadsticks. You can halve or double this recipe as needed to make enough servings.
- For additional flavor, add two tablespoons of grated Parmesan to the garlic, salt, and butter mixture before brushing it over the breadsticks.
Classic Olive Garden Commercial
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Salad Dressing, How to Make KFC Spoon Bread, How to Make Carrabba's Mamma's Bread, How to Make Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread, How to Make Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits, How to Make KFC Buttermilk Biscuits
- https://www.olivegarden.com/About-Us/FAQs/#Corporate Information