From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Chicken Crostina
The Olive Garden has served several chicken dishes, including Chicken Crostina. Home cooks can learn how to make this Olive Garden Chicken Crostina recipe by using readily available ingredients, including chicken breasts, linguine, heavy cream, and breadcrumbs. People who enjoy this dish might want to try other Olive Garden chicken dishes such as Chicken Marsala, Chicken with Lemon Sage Sauce, or Chicken Milanese.
Chicken Crostina was a limited-time entree offered by the Olive Garden during April and May of 2007. The recipe was created by the restaurant's Culinary Institute of Tuscany. Guests who dined at the Olive Garden during this time and ordered the dish received free recipe cards detailing how they could recreate this meal at home. The dish gets its name from the potato, cheese, and breadcrumb crust that coats the chicken.
|Image Source: Olive Garden|
|Customer service phone||(800)248-4935|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken breasts, heavy cream, linguine|
|Similar to||Breaded chicken and pasta|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Olive Garden Chicken Crostina Ingredients
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups, plus 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. roasted garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 5 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. linguine
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup roma tomatoes, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 ½ cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 small potato, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Recipe courtesy of Olive Garden
Olive Garden Chicken Crostina Recipe
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients for the Potato Crust. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine 1 ½ cups flour, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Dredge the chicken breasts in the mixture and shake off the excess breading.
- Heat three tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat Cook the chicken breasts two at a time in the skill until brown on both sides. Add more oil to the pan, if needed.
- Lay the cooked chicken on a baking sheet and top evenly with the potato crust mixture. Preheat a broiler, then place the baking sheet under the broiler for one to two minutes.
- Cook the pasta following the directions, then drain the pasta and set it aside.
- In a saucepan, heat two tablespoons of oil. Add the roasted garlic and cook for one minute. Stir one tablespoon of flour into the pan, add the wine, and bring the whole mixture to a boil.
- Add the cream, Parmesan cheese, 1 tbsp. parsley, and tomatoes to the pan. Continue cooking until the sauce bubbles throughout and thickens.
- Toss the pasta in with the sauce, then top it with the chicken breasts. Serve on plates and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Olive Garden’s Chicken Crostina Recipe
Based on the Olive Garden’s estimates, cooks should be able to prepare this dish in 15 minutes and cook it in 30 minutes. The recipe described above can serve up to four people, but it can be multiplied for more people by adjusting the recipe quantities as needed.
According to the Olive Garden, this dish goes well with white wines, including Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon Blanc.
As prepared, this dish has over 900 calories, 42 grams of fat, and nearly 1700 milligrams of sodium per serving. Diet-conscious cooks can make the dish lighter by using half and half cream in the sauce or by omitting the cream altogether, reducing the wine by half, and serving the breaded chicken directly over the pasta and tomatoes.