From Copycat Recipe Guide
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Veronese
Featuring chicken and traditional Italian gnocchi in a creamy cheese sauce, this Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Veronese recipe is a delicious meal that you’ll want to create at home. The secret to this full-flavored dish is the marinade. Prepare this dish as a weekend meal, or plan ahead and marinate the chicken on a weekday to the delight of your entire family. The Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant chain that serves lunch and dinner entrees in the Tuscan style.
Start to finish: 4 1/2 hours (Active time: 90 minutes)
|Flickr: Taylor Burnes|
|Customer service phone||800-248-4935|
|Served as||Main Dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, gnocchi, cream, ricotta cheese|
|Similar to||Chicken Veronese|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Veronese Ingredients
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 zucchini, julienned
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced in ½” strips
- 2 small branches of rosemary
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Veronese Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
14 ounces heavy cream
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Ingredients
- 2 quarts water
- 6 ounces flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
1 pound packaged gnocchi (potato dumplings)
Recipe adapted from Olive Garden
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Veronese Recipe
Olive Garden Gnocchi Recipe
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the potatoes and poke them all over with a fork.
- Place the potatoes in the oven and bake them for at least an hour or until softened throughout.
- Let the potatoes cool before proceeding.
- Peel the cooled potatoes and push through a rice grater until they are mashed. The resulting potatoes should resemble grains of rice.
- Combine potatoes, flour, and eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Mix well until the dough does not stick to hands. Add small amounts of flour if necessary until dough is the correct consistency.
- Divide the dough into four sections.
- Roll out each section into a long rope. Cut the ropes into 1/2” pieces.
- Push fork tines onto the top of each piece to make indents.
- To cook gnocchi, bring water to a boil in a large sauce pot.
- Place the gnocchi in the water and cook until they float to the top.
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Veronese Chicken and Sauce Recipe
- Combine chicken slices with garlic, lemon juice, and rosemary in a mixing bowl.
- Allow chicken to marinate for at least two hours.
- Combine parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, and heavy cream in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a sauté pan on medium high, add extra virgin olive oil, onions, bell peppers, and zucchini.
- Sauté until the onions are translucent, but not brown.
- Add marinated chicken to the pan and cook until it is brown on all sides with an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure the chicken is not pink on the inside.
- Reduce the heat and add sauce mixture. Allow sauce to simmer for a minute or two.
- Add drained gnocchi to the pan with chicken, vegetables, and sauce.
- Stir to coat gnocchi with sauce.
- Serve immediately topped with parmesan cheese.
How to Make Gnocchi
- Plan ahead to make this recipe as the chicken needs to marinate for at least two hours. The entire recipe calls for a prep time of 30 minutes, longer if making gnocchi from scratch. Total cooking time is 20 minutes.
- Gnocchi means “dumplings” in Italian. Traditionally made from potatoes, flour, or farina, some chefs include eggs, cheese, and even finely chopped spinach in their recipes. While homemade gnocchi is delicious and relatively simple to make, it can be time consuming. You can substitute purchased gnocchi in this recipe if you are pressed for time.
- "Julienne" means to cut food into thin, matchstick strips.
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Marsala, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken with Lemon Sage Sauce, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Milanese, How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Crostina, How to Make Olive Garden Baked Stuffed Mussels with Foccacia and Lemon, How to Make Olive Garden Beef Filets in Balsamic Sauce